Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI_UPLOAD CodePage Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to upload a file that has been output using a different OS. If I open the file in MS Word using UTF-8 character set it shows proper characters. But, when I try to upload it into SAP using Code Page 4110, which is for UTF-8, it does not recognise specific characters like the "Euro" symbol and converts it into #. Thus, any further processing on the data is not possible. I have tried using several different code pages but to no avail.

If I copy the Euro character from my file and paste it into a field in SAP, it shows there but SAP immediately shows an error that the character is illegal and converts it into # again.

Please help!

Regards,

Madhur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check oss note no 674715 (Gui_Upload replaces euro characters with '#'

) for your issue.

Regards

Raja

4 REPLIES 4

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check oss note no 674715 (Gui_Upload replaces euro characters with '#'

) for your issue.

Regards

Raja

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi You Cannot Store EURO symbol in SAP. it is Prohibited.

so it will convert into #.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

if your question is answered, reward the helpful answers and close the thread.

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Durairaj / Vijay,

Thanks for your replies.

I did some research on the same. SAP prohibits these characters 'coz they cannot be stored in the database. Therefore as a general rule, it simply prohibits their use in SAP and converts them to "#".

Now the problem is that I am still stuck at the same place where I was stuck earlier. I need to upload an encrypted file into SAP and then decrypt it by programming the decryption logic in SAP itself. I know I have a few other options of doing it externally either using VB or even on Unix (using Shell scripts and Awk, though handling of Unicode characters on Unix is a little alien to me.) I will use these methods only as the last option.

If anybody has any idea on how to get this done in SAP, then their help is always welcome.

Regards,

Madhur