Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 Different SOD Results for Basis in BW and ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been facing a few issues in regard with the SODs that are being generated in the GRC system.

We have activated the BC set GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_BASIS and generated the SOD rules. We have different connector systems.

However, when running the batch risk analysis at user level for ECC connector, the results shows a set of risks applicable for Basis team but when I run the same for BW connector, the report does not show any violations.

Please could anyone help me understand this better.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Shrunkhala Chawade

4 REPLIES 4

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shrunkhala,

Do you have added your BW system into SAP_BAS_LG connector group? If not, add it and then regenerate the rules and check how this goes.

fyi... when we activate BC Set GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_BASIS, it creates SAP_BAS_LG connector group and add all the basis rules under this group.
We need to add connectors into this connector group and regenerate the rules to get the rules applicable for that system.

Thanks & Regards
Neeraj Manocha

0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for the suggestion. But I already have the BW system added to the connector group SAP_BAS_LG.

Also another strange thing is though the ECC system isn't connected to that group I still am able to view the risks there.

Could this is be because of the reason that when we migrated from 5.3 to 10.1, we had the rules generated for all Business Processes for ECC system but not for BW.

I am not sure how the above information is helpful, but would appreciate if I could get more details on how it works.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Shrunkhala Chawade

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shrunkhala,

Then you may have migrated rules data for your ECC system. Your rules could be uploaded for ECC system directly not via logical group.

You can check table GRACACTRULE and see which connector your rules belongs to.

Ideal solution would be... you can add both the systems into your logical group and then regenerate the rule.

Thanks & Regards
Neeraj

0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Yes. That is correct. As the rules were migrated from 5.3 to 10.1 we did not face any issues.

I had checked the table GRACACTRULE and it seems that the rules are only updated for ECC system and not BW.

I added both the systems to SAP_BAS_LG group, regenerated the rules and then ran batch risk analysis job; but still no luck.

Please could you help me with any documentation that tells how these rules can be activated if a 10.x system is directly build and nothing has been migrated from any of the earlier versions. I would like to understand how the SoD rules will be generated then.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions

Best Regards,

Shrunkhala