Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the memory size consume by ABAP variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw a post before that show how to use ABAP Object method to get the memory size that occupy by specific ABAP variable.

But now i can't get the post. Any one also know this post or know the ABAP Object.

Tks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Follow this link , might help you.....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7a/caa6f6bfdb11d188b30000e83539c3/frameset.htm

Hope this helps, Do reward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Runal Singh , thanks for you reply. But it seem that the help you provide is not i actually want to get.

For example, when we debug an ABAP program,after perform a subroutine,an internal table is filled with specifc data. Then i want to konw how much memory is occupied by this internal table.

I remember that there is an ABAP Object can do this function. But i forget the class name and can't search it again.

Anyone konw the class??

Thank Runal Singh again.

0 Kudos

hi,

The menu path Development-> Memory Analysis allows you to choose one of the two functions Create Memory Snapshot or Compare Memory Snapshot.

Creating a Memory Snapshot

You use this function to create a Memory Snapshotsapurl_link_0003_0001_0004 and store it as a file on the application server.

A memory snapshot contains information about the various data objects and instances of the current internal session and their Memory Use.

The file name is abDbgMemory_XX_YYYY, where XX is the number of the current work process and YYYY is a running numbering within the current work process. The file names are unique as long as the work process is not restarted. After a restart, the system also restarts the count and existing files can be overwritten.

A memory snapshot is stored in an XML format and can be analyzed using the Memory Inspector.

Hope this helps, Do reward.

Former Member

Solved by myself. The ABAP Object is CL_ABAP_MEMORY_UTILITIES.