Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get pernr is not working for custom screen 2000

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I have developed on interface program for HR module which fetches lots of information and send to third party. The program is working fine which has got standard selection screen's and this program is tagged with a tcode with screen no 1000. In the same program i have coded for another selection screen as 2000 and tagged to another tcode with screen no 2000. When i execute the 1000 screen tcode it works fine gets the records as per condition but when i execute my custom screen 2000 tcode when i enter the pernr its not even going to ldb get pernr. I checked in debugging mode the cursor comes before get pernr once get pernr event execute it directly goes to end of selection.

I am sure i am missing the linkage between get pernr and my custom screen. As anybody faced this type issue and solved it. Kindly share with me if not tell me the work around.

Regards

Vijay

4 REPLIES 4

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's because the program for the logical database has no idea about your custom screen. The screen belongs to your Z program, but the selections are defined in the DB program SAPDBxxx (whatever the LDB name is).

You'd need an alternative selection screen or a selection screen version for the LDB, but I don't think you can do that without modifying the LDB definition. Unless I'm missing something, but it has been a while when I last dealt with logical DB programming.

0 Kudos

Hi Hoznek

Thanks for your added value. But still i feel there must be a way to do the linkage between custom screen and LDB's. Using FM or some std program calling before get pernr event. I am still hoping some one give some clear idea on this.

Regards

Vijay

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Short of modifying the LDB definition, I don't think this will work... unless the DBxxxSEL include provides enhancement options where the LDB-specific variants of the SELECTION-SCREEN statement could be used.

But maybe someone else will have another solution...

0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot link your custom screen with LDB.

You can write your own coding using selects before GET PERNR event and use them later in END-OF-SELECTION.

start-of-selection.

select pernr from PAXXXX into table itab .....

where pernr = p_pernr ...

GET PERNR.

END-OF-SELECTION.

• loop at itab .

*Endloop .

Alternatively you can create a report category with your own selections .. which would filter the data at the get pernr event.

Regards,

Srini.