Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gerar spool a partir do report executado em background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello personal, all right?

So, I'm new to abap and I'm a need that I do not know how to search.

I created a report, which extracts some information, but the customer needs to run the report in the background and then view the spool with the generated data.

How could I do?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deepak_sharma_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets assume you have all the data to be displayed in internal table GT_RESULT.

You can create  ALV list using FM : REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY and when the background job is finished , it would display the results in a spool.

Create ALV :

Once the JOB is scheduled and finished, Check SM37

Click on SPOOL icon

It will show SPOOL ID and After clicking on TYPE

Results are displayed

Thanks

Deepak

5 REPLIES 5

deepak_sharma_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets assume you have all the data to be displayed in internal table GT_RESULT.

You can create  ALV list using FM : REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY and when the background job is finished , it would display the results in a spool.

Create ALV :

Once the JOB is scheduled and finished, Check SM37

Click on SPOOL icon

It will show SPOOL ID and After clicking on TYPE

Results are displayed

Thanks

Deepak

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your subject line should be in English in this part of the site.

Write program.

Run in background.

Look at the spool.

If you've used Write statements, the program output will be in the spool.

if you've used ALV, the program output will be in the spool.

I don't understand why you think you have a problem. Have you actually tried anything?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

+1 to Matthew. What is the specific technical challenge here? "Execute in background" option is in the standard SAP menu. ABAP keyword documentation is available online. Program samples are available in ABAP Editor. Google exists. You have all the possible tools, so what's the problem with using them? Being "new" is not an excuse IMHO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So before posting use the option that you mentioned and was not the result. I believe that my post has not been an offense. Ask offense, but either way, I apologize and forgive you too.

Guys, thanks for the help in particular to @Deepak Sharma.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that you did try our options before posting and it didn't work.

For future reference you should mention this in advance, and explain exactly what you did and why it didn't work.