Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to copy the existing FM to create a new Generic data source but during I am activate the new copied FM in SE80 I am getting systax error 'REPORT/PROGRAM statement missing , program type is I (include).' even I have try to activate the main program in Se80 but still I facing the same error.

so please let me know the what I need to done plz.

I have copied FG, and I have created new strusture.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must have missed TOP include. Activate the top include then uxx include and then the function group. Go through all inactive objects and try to find SAPL*TOP and activate it.

Don't go for "Activate Anyway." - Ever.

It just creates a faulty copy in the system and when executed, gives a runtime dump of syntax error. - And you end up loosing original working copy. If SAP is giving an error, there must be a reason for it.

6 REPLIES 6

ShyamPindiproli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkataramana

Just click on "activate anyway" button a popup window is displayed. All the includes get activated and you should not get that error.

Regards,

Shyam

former_member230486
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First active the Function Group which you have copied and then activate the function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must have missed TOP include. Activate the top include then uxx include and then the function group. Go through all inactive objects and try to find SAPL*TOP and activate it.

Don't go for "Activate Anyway." - Ever.

It just creates a faulty copy in the system and when executed, gives a runtime dump of syntax error. - And you end up loosing original working copy. If SAP is giving an error, there must be a reason for it.

0 Kudos

Thanks Chinmay for correcting me ... my bad

But this is a very common error while working with FM's and it is typically because of the sequence in which we activate the programs ..

Goto SE80->Give Function group name->Right click on it->Activate.

Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Kulkarni,

Thank you so much for your information. the issue has been solved.

0 Kudos

that is why I always keep "display object list" open and activate objects by right clicking on root object.

Many times I would forget to activate statuses and titlebars and keep wondering whats wrong.