Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function module arguments, tables and changing..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If I am right, in ECC 6.0 tables parameter is obsolete. So all the tables need to be defined in changing tab and when function is called it should be passed as changing parameters.

call function 'zccc'

changing

x = xx

y = yy

am i correct ?

is "tables" still an acceptable clause ??

call function 'zccc'

tables

x = xx

y = yy

please confirm if my understanding is correct.

thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That's right, TABLES parmeter in function modules and FORM routines are obselete, but still supported of course. You should start using Table Types to define the parameters which are to be tables, and define these parameters as either IMPORTING or EXPORTING parameters.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think it is obsolete. if you want to work with tables in the function module then it should be passed as an tables parameter.

You have to pass a table in changing if you want to modify the entries in that table in your logic inside the FM.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That's right, TABLES parmeter in function modules and FORM routines are obselete, but still supported of course. You should start using Table Types to define the parameters which are to be tables, and define these parameters as either IMPORTING or EXPORTING parameters.

Regards,

Rich Heilman