Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function grp?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is a function group? I mean what are the contents of a function group?

And if we call a FM then are all the FM's beeloonging to the grp are loaded or not?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The function group is the the element groupping all elements need to create and manage the fms: includes, screen etc. etc....

When Zfg is created, the system generates the main program SAPLZ.....

Yes you're right, if you call a fm, whole function group is loaded, in this way all fms of the same function group see the global data of fg.

Max

0 Kudos

where can I see this function grp and its corresponding FM..and hw do I know that a FM belongs to a specific Function grp?

0 Kudos

Goto SE80 and select the Function group dropdown and give the FG name and Press enter. It will list all the FM under that FG.

0 Kudos

ok..thanks

Is it necesary to hv a function grp..?

I mean can we have aa Fm without a function grp?

Thanks

0 Kudos

ok..thanks

Is it necesary to hv a function grp..?Basically what is its use?

I mean can we have aa FM without a function grp?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

If you have a fm you can see the function group by trx SE37 in ATTRIBUTES tab.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi ,

NO we cannot have a FM without function group . Try creating a new FM and it will ask for function group, without which you will not be able to create one .

Regards ,

Varun .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Function group is used for grouping the function modules...The contents will be INCLUDES, SCREENS, Function modules..

The whole function group is loaded when you call a function module..

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Function Builder administers function modules that logically belong together in function groups. Function groups are containers for function modules. They can also contain global data declarations and subroutines that are available to all of the function modules in the group.

For each function group <fgrp> there is a main program, generated by the system, called SAPL<fgrp>.

The main program contains INCLUDE statements for the following programs:

L<fgrp>TOP. This contains the global data for the function group.

L<fgrp>UXX. These includes contain the function modules themselves. The numbering XX indicates the chronological order in which the function modules were created. This includes L<fgrp>U01 and L<fgrp>U02 contain the first two function modules in the function group.

L<fgrp>F01, L<fgrp>F02... These includes can be used to write subroutines (forms) that can be called as internal forms by all function modules in the group.

If we call a FM then are all the FM's beeloonging to the grp will be loaded .

Mark all help ful answers.

Thanks

Eswar

=====================================

<b>where can I see this function grp and its corresponding FM..and hw do I know that a FM belongs to a specific Function grp?

Inside the FM, click on the Attributes Tab to find the Function group.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE37 and display the function module..In the attributes tab you can use the function group for that function module..

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes..Function group is required for creating a Function module..

THanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

<b>Use of Function Groups</b>

We group function modules in to function groups.

The main advantage of grouping function modules into function groups is that, global data of a group can be shared by all function modules in that group.

Regards,

Sailaja.