Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form routines in scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I posted a question regarding form routines in scripts not about subroutines in sripts. But I didn't get any answer. If any body knows the answer about form routines and purpose of the form routines and how to define the form routines.Please let me know.

sathish reddy.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is ur question, you want to know what are Form routines in scripts which are used for determining output types?

Or routines used in programs?

pls reply..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since form routine is something which is called on some application.

For ex...take NACE tcode..you have billing application V3...then for output type of v3 you will define the form name, program name and the <b>form routine</b>....So whenever that billing application is called for printout or output this program will be called and the prescribed form routine will be trigerred and whatever code you have written in that routine will be executed.

see this and tell me whether is this ur doubt or something else..

Sushil.

0 Kudos

Hi Sushil, This is my doubt.

In tcode NACE for application type V1 and output type AN00 the print program name is RVADOR01 and <b>FORM routine</b> type is <b>ENTRY</b>. From where this form routine will be executed. In the program this form is not called by any perform stmt.So what is the purpose of this form routine.What is the importance of this.

Sathish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

go through this link which ll give you complete idea abou the form routine and the example related to the form routine,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/894eeee0b911d4b2d90050da4c74dc/content.htm

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/code/archives.asp?i=10&d=3664&a=s

thanks

mrutyun^

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN SCRIPRTS WE CAN NOT WRITE SELECT STATEMENTS,FUNCTION MODULES, INTHAT CASE WE WRITE A PERFORM THERE AND WE MAINTAIN THAT FORM IN A Z PROGRAM

ONE EXAMPLE..

IN SCRIPT:

PERFORM get_bedat tables IN(ZFI_AP_BG_INVOKE_F02_01) USING in_par

CHANGING out_par.

NOW WE WILL GET VALUE INTO out_par AND THAT VALUE USED FURTHER..

PROGRAM:ZFI_AP_BG_INVOKE_F02_01

form get_bedat tables in_par structure itcsy

out_par structure itcsy.

data :l_ebeln like zfi_ap_bg-ebeln,

l_bedat type ekko-bedat,

l_date(10).

read table in_par index 1.

l_ebeln = in_par-value.

select single * from ekko where ebeln = l_ebeln.

l_bedat = ekko-bedat.

write : l_bedat to l_date dd/mm/yyyy .

read table out_par with key 'BEDAT'.

check sy-subrc = 0.

out_par-value = l_bedat.

modify out_par index sy-tabix.

endform.

REGARDS,

RAMESH.