Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the KOSTL(cost center) value using coing group and coding code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we get the value cost center Kostl by using coding code and coding group. As per the requirement the coding group is specified in the table qmel-qmgrp and the coding code is qmel-qmcod.. So by using this values only can we get the KOSTL value..Please do help me in this regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member221770
Contributor
0 Kudos

Akanksha,

Can you use Table QMFE?

Cheers,

Pat.

Never mind, I just saw your reply to Sanjay....

Message was edited by: Patrick Yee

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use QMEL-MBLNR.

SELECT from MSEG where MBLNR = QMEL-MBLNR

and MJAHR = QMEL-MJAHR

AND zeile = QMEL-MBLPO.

MSEG-KOSTL will give the value.

But check in SE16 if above three fields have value in them.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

so the thing is for the particular coding group QMGRP we have the coding codes QMCOD assigned to it and for the transaction QM01 we cannot have the notification number (as this number is generated only after the transaction is completed)only the notification type is specified in first screen after we press enter a subscreen with Production order number is specified press enter,

later in the first tab strip specify any material number and also plant number later the defect location and defect type, later in the subject tab strip in the coding group we get the F4 help for the coding code and group,there by picking any of the elements we also get the KOSTL value in text so i was just worried where can we get this value i have checked for the options that u have specified but this doesn't work for me...

Thanx and reply me back(very Urgent)

former_member221770
Contributor
0 Kudos

Akanksha,

Can you use Table QMFE?

Cheers,

Pat.

Never mind, I just saw your reply to Sanjay....

Message was edited by: Patrick Yee

0 Kudos

Hi patrick,

Thanx for the reply and also i have found the values in QPCT table...

Thanx for all u'r concern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure but you can try SQL trace.

Just before pressing F4 open another sesion . Run ST05 and activate trace. press F4 in previous session.

Goto the trace session. Deactivate / Display trace . You may get a clue as to which tables are accessed in F4.

You may find your answer here .

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good that you found the answer. But QPCT table does not contain KOSTL . Seems you were looking for something else or your question was not correct .

Cheers.