Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field exit replace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have sap r/3 v 4.7 implemented.

As a consequence field exits aren't supported / adviced anymore. Is there something that replaces the functionality of a field exit ?

These are the situations i am handling :

1. Every time a new material is entered in a sales order (sales & distribution) a window should pop up asking some questions in order to determine the tax rate.

2. In a billing plan certain users should not be allowed to change a certain billing block. I could solve this with a user exit when the sales order is saved but it would be much nicer if the user receives an error message immediately after he chances the billing block.

any thoughts on this would be most welcome

with regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can continu using field-exit on 4.7.

Take a look at OSS note 29377.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can continu using field-exit on 4.7.

Take a look at OSS note 29377.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i had to do some validation on sales order. As field exit is obsolete i have written my code in subroutine ‘USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMK’ of include ‘RV60AFZZ’. You can try with the same.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

You can use the userexit USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in MV45AFZZ depending on your condition you can 'grey out' the billing block and not allow the user to change the billing block instead of trying to give him an error.

You can change the screen properties of the field .

Thanks,

Jagruti