Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Exit for Z Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a Z program with a MARA-EAN11 data element field which is necessary to read MARA table and return its material code (MATNR) in a text field after ENTER key pressed.

It was created also a Field Exit called FIELD_EXIT_EAN11 and it is working fine in test mode (SE37), but when I try to trigger by ENTER key in my Z program, it is not being executed.

What Am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Michel Khouri

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where do you want to trigger the field-exit?

I don't believe the field-exit works fine in the selection-screen of a report and it doesn't seem to make sense to trigger a field-exit in Z-program, why do you write the exit code directly in the program?.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

This programs already exits and now it is being implemented Bar Code functionality. The program will read the bar code and then call a routine to fill some fields automatically, as example: Material Code, Materia description, EAN and so on...

The idea is create a new screen (CALL Screen FM) to put those data.

That's the reason to use Field Exit after EAN field/ENTER Key actions.

Thanks again,

Michel Khouri

0 Kudos

Hi

Just as I said if the input/ouput field is on a selection-screen the field-exit doesn't work, if it's on a screen you should check if the machine parameters are correctly setted: trx RZ10: abap/fieldexit has to have the value YES.

Max

0 Kudos

Check that whether it is activated and assigned the correct screen details.

Thanks,

Srinivas