Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.M of classification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have matnr ( material ) and i want to know what is the classification of this material , this classification

was update in 'MM02' transaction code , under the field 'product model' .

Any F.M can give me this value of classification , if i have the material ?

Thanks for your help.

Avi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

find below fm

FU CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS

abot this FM:

Classification Data for Object

This function module reads all classifications for an object.

Table T_CLASS contains the classes in which the object is classified.

Table T_OBJECTDATA contains the characteristic values.

This includes: position number, characteristic description, value counter (multiple-value characteristics) and value (AUSP1). The field for the value shows the value(s), dimension, and operators (for intervals). The other fields are not relevant to transfer.

Parameters:

OBJECT CLASSTYPE and LANGUAGE are required entries.

If you do not enter a class type (CLASSTYPE), field OBJECTTABLE must contain the name of the database table for the object. The program then returns all classifications for all class types that are defined for this object.

In table I_SEL_CHARACTERISTIC, you can enter characteristics. The program then returns all classifications that use this characteristic. This is only useful if you enter one class. The number you set is the internal characteristic number.

CLASS: If you enter a class, you only read characteristic values for the object in this class.

(Alternative is: CLINT = internal class number)

FEATURES: default is 'X' (= with values)

CLASSTEXT: default is ' ' (= without class description)

Note:

Table T_CLASS contains the class and a characteristic counter for each entry. The counter determines the characteristic records for a class in table T_OBJECTDATA.

Parameters

CHANGE_NUMBER

CHANGE_SERVICE_CLF

CLASS

CLASSTEXT

CLASSTYPE

CLINT

FEATURES

INHERITED_CHAR

INITIAL_CHARACT

KEY_DATE

LANGUAGE

NO_VALUE_DESCRIPT

OBJECT

OBJECTTABLE

T_CLASS

T_NO_AUTH_CHARACT

Meaning

This table is exported and contains the characteristics and classes for which the caller has no authorization.

Values for these characteristics are ignored.

Range

T_OBJECTDATA

I_SEL_CHARACTERISTIC

Meaning

Table in which you can enter characteristics to restrict the data selected. If this table contains characteristics, values of other characteristics are ignored.

Range

Exceptions

NO_CLASSIFICATION

NO_CLASSTYPES

You have not entered a class type (CLASSTYPE is initial).

This means that all class types for the object table you entered are read. However, either you have not entered an object table, or there are no class types for the object table you entered.

INVALID_CLASS_TYPE

Thanks and regrds

Durga.K

4 REPLIES 4

satsrockford
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS

Table KLAH Class Header Data

KSML Characteristics of a Class

regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

under which tab you are getting this field "Product Model"????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

find below fm

FU CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS

abot this FM:

Classification Data for Object

This function module reads all classifications for an object.

Table T_CLASS contains the classes in which the object is classified.

Table T_OBJECTDATA contains the characteristic values.

This includes: position number, characteristic description, value counter (multiple-value characteristics) and value (AUSP1). The field for the value shows the value(s), dimension, and operators (for intervals). The other fields are not relevant to transfer.

Parameters:

OBJECT CLASSTYPE and LANGUAGE are required entries.

If you do not enter a class type (CLASSTYPE), field OBJECTTABLE must contain the name of the database table for the object. The program then returns all classifications for all class types that are defined for this object.

In table I_SEL_CHARACTERISTIC, you can enter characteristics. The program then returns all classifications that use this characteristic. This is only useful if you enter one class. The number you set is the internal characteristic number.

CLASS: If you enter a class, you only read characteristic values for the object in this class.

(Alternative is: CLINT = internal class number)

FEATURES: default is 'X' (= with values)

CLASSTEXT: default is ' ' (= without class description)

Note:

Table T_CLASS contains the class and a characteristic counter for each entry. The counter determines the characteristic records for a class in table T_OBJECTDATA.

Parameters

CHANGE_NUMBER

CHANGE_SERVICE_CLF

CLASS

CLASSTEXT

CLASSTYPE

CLINT

FEATURES

INHERITED_CHAR

INITIAL_CHARACT

KEY_DATE

LANGUAGE

NO_VALUE_DESCRIPT

OBJECT

OBJECTTABLE

T_CLASS

T_NO_AUTH_CHARACT

Meaning

This table is exported and contains the characteristics and classes for which the caller has no authorization.

Values for these characteristics are ignored.

Range

T_OBJECTDATA

I_SEL_CHARACTERISTIC

Meaning

Table in which you can enter characteristics to restrict the data selected. If this table contains characteristics, values of other characteristics are ignored.

Range

Exceptions

NO_CLASSIFICATION

NO_CLASSTYPES

You have not entered a class type (CLASSTYPE is initial).

This means that all class types for the object table you entered are read. However, either you have not entered an object table, or there are no class types for the object table you entered.

INVALID_CLASS_TYPE

Thanks and regrds

Durga.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

To find out material classification values query table AUSP with

OBJEK = Material NO

ATINN = 'char name'

KLART = '001' Material class

You will get ATWRT = Char value

Mathews