Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export parameter in elementary search help not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos
1,091

I have created an elementary search help that will display all sold-tos for entered ship-to(s). Everything works fine except that the sold-to that is selected from the hit list is not being entered into the customer field on the selection screen.

eg transaction VD03, F4 on Customer, enter import parameters VKORG VTWEG SPART and KUNN2, hit list is displayed correctly and one line selected. I expect that my export parameter KUNNR should now appear in the Customer field of VD03 but its not.

This is my elementary search help definition:

Elementary srch hlp ZDEBIC Active

Short description Customers for Ship-to

Selection method Z_DEBIC Dialog type

Text table Hot key 2

Search help exit Z_SHIP_TO_SEARCH_HELP_EXIT

Parameter IMP EXP LPos SPos Data Element Default Value

SORT1 1 AD_SORT1

SORT2 2 AD_SORT2

MCOD1 4 MCDD1

MCOD3 5 MCDD3

PSTLZ 6 PSTLZ

KTOKD 7 KTOKD

VKORG x x 8 1 VKORG VKO

VTWEG x x 9 2 VTWEG VTW

SPART x x 10 3 SPART SPA

KUNN2 x 11 4 KUNN2 KUN

KUNNR x 3 KUNNR

I suspect the problem may be with default value KUN against KUNN2, but if I put it against KUNNR, I get a message "No values for this selection" instead of my hit list.

Can anybody give me a clue as to the problem?

Thanks,

Brigitte

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member242255
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
138

The Export parameter for KUNNR should be checked.Then u will get the value on to the screen.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member242255
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
139

The Export parameter for KUNNR should be checked.Then u will get the value on to the screen.

0 Kudos
138

Thanks Sravan. I could have sworn I tried that but I did it again this morning on your advice and now it works. I have awarded points.

Regards, Brigitte

0 Kudos
138

I just found out - I had asked my fellow ABAPer to have a look at it and he just told me that he had changed the Parameter Assignment of the Collective Search Help from the proposed one of KUNN2 C KUNNR to KUNNR C KUNNR. It seems that was necessary as well so I'm putting this in for future reference of anybody with the same problem.