Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel sheet problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is emergency requirement that i have one internal table that change with i collomn i want to add that colomn to excelfile that already present in presentation sercver.

how to do that ?

i am try for that ?

i am able to get replace whole file,

append to existing file with respect to rows .

please help me .

it's emergency ? ....................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

One easy solution could be

First read the excel file in an internal table. Then populate the additional column of internal table. Then overwrite the contents of excel file.

But the performance depends on the size of excel file.. It might result in performance degradation if the file contents are large.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

One easy solution could be

First read the excel file in an internal table. Then populate the additional column of internal table. Then overwrite the contents of excel file.

But the performance depends on the size of excel file.. It might result in performance degradation if the file contents are large.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

First upload the data using GUI_UPLOAD into an itab.

Addd the column data to that itab(Or another itab).

Then use the GUI_DOWNLOAD with the same file name.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

If you are familliar with OOPs then try to use this class.

CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES

Reward if useful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go for GUI_upload and upload it in internal table. In that internal table add the column which u want. Then using FM GUI_Download, u can dowmnload it into XL sheet.

Regards,

-->Suresh