Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel 97 error when downloading data from report S_ALR_87013635 in ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are currently doing an upgrade project from 4.6C to ERP 6.0. Client side is using Office 97. While doing UAT, they discovered they couldn't download the data from the above report to Excel 97 but was able to do it in Excel 2000. The error message in Excel 97 was "Run-time error 1004. Method 'Copy' of object '_Worksheet' failed.

Has anyone got any insight if we could change the macros that have been "embedded" in the download program (somehow. I'm not sure how it works!), or any other alternative way besides upgrading MS Office?

Customer is blaming us for not informing them about the "incompatability" between ERP 6.0 and Excel 97 (yes, they did), but I think more importantly, I want to resolve this, if at all possible.

cheers!

KG

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came across this problem aswell and it's so frustraing and little information available how to resolve this, so I decided to post this.

When you execute the transaction 'S_ALR_87013635' there are 3 options in the menu bar:-

Output parameters...

Data Source...

Extract parameters...

Go into extract parameters, click 'create extract' and enter a description.

You should then be able to run the program. Ensure that you have the correct macro settings also i.e.

1) Enable macros

2) Trust all sites with Visual Basic

Hope this helps other people with the same issue!