Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

events in alv report

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are the main events that are used in an ALV report?

Reagards,

swathi.

4 REPLIES 4

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..swathi..

USER_COMMAND

TOP_OF_PAGE

END_OF_PAGE

TOP_OF_LIST

END_OF_LIST

reward if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check link

http://www.sapbrainsonline.com/TUTORIALS/TECHNICAL/ALV_tutorial.html

Adding function to existing toolbar in ALV Grid

This section helps in adding functionality to already existing functions in the ALV output Grid.

1. Using Function Module ‘REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY’.

2. Using Object Oriented ABAP.

Both these methods are explained briefly.

Using Function Module REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY

1. First step is to copy the ‘STANDARD’ GUI status of the standard program ‘SAPLKKBL’ using SE90 transaction.

Fig 1.1 SE90 Transaction

2. Execute the transaction and the next screen will show the ‘STANDARD’ GUI status with a checkbox corresponding to it. Select the checkbox and click on GUI STATUS  Copy.

Fig 1.2 Copying of Standard GUI

3. The third step is to enter the ‘Z’ Program and the name of the GUI status which will be the copy of the ‘STANDARD’ one and click on ‘COPY’ button. Now a GUI status will be created for the Program you have entered.

Fig 1.3 Creation of GUI for Custom Program

4. We can edit the status to add new icons like refresh and other functionality which we need. This will also bring in the standard SAP ALV functionality such as sorting/subtotaling etc.... In this Program we have added a ‘REFRESH’ Icon to the ALV List.

Fig 1.4 Including Function in Copied GUI

5. The output ALV List is shown below with the ‘REFRESH’ Icon that was added to it.

Fig 1.5 ALV Grid Output Display with Included Icon

6. In order to add the functionality of the Icon added, we pass the status ‘YICON’ when we call the 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY' along with the callback_user_command ‘USER_COMMAND_REF’.

DATA: ws_title TYPE lvc_title, “Grid Title

wa_layout TYPE slis_layout_alv. “Grid Layout

DATA: i_fieldcat TYPE slis_t_fieldcat_alv. “Grid Fieldcat

*---I_FINAL is an internal table which contains the values to be

*---displayed in the ALV Grid

*----

Display ALV GRID

CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY'

EXPORTING

i_callback_program = sy-repid

i_callback_pf_status_set = 'SET_PF_STATUS'

i_callback_user_command = 'USER_COMMAND_REF'

i_grid_title = ws_title

is_layout = wa_layout

it_fieldcat = i_fieldcat

TABLES

t_outtab = i_final[]

EXCEPTIONS

program_error = 1

OTHERS = 2.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE ID sy-msgid TYPE sy-msgty NUMBER sy-msgno

WITH sy-msgv1 sy-msgv2 sy-msgv3 sy-msgv4.

ENDIF.

*----

Form set_pf_status.

FORM set_pf_status USING rt_extab TYPE slis_t_extab.

SET PF-STATUS 'YICON'.

ENDFORM. " set_pf_status

*----

Form user_command_ref.

FORM user_command_ref USING r_ucomm LIKE sy-ucomm

rs_selfield TYPE slis_selfield.

DATA: lws_okcode TYPE sy-ucomm.

IF r_ucomm EQ ‘REFH’.

MESSAGE i001(zfin) with ‘You clicked Refresh button’.

ENDIF.

CLEAR lws_okcode.

lws_okcode = sy-ucomm.

*----

BACK

CASE lws_okcode.

WHEN '&F03'.

SET SCREEN 0.

LEAVE SCREEN.

ENDCASE.

ENDFORM. " user_command_ref

Using Object Oriented ABAP

In the OOPS concept, the adding of the icon and functionality to the Toolbar of the ALV Grid is different from the Function Module method.

In order to add our functionality to the existing ALV Toolbar, we utilize two ALV Grid events. We use the event “toolbar” to add the button and the event “user_command” to implement the function.

In the method handling the “toolbar” event the button to be included in the ALV Grid is defined by filling a structure and appending to the table attribute “mt_toolbar”. In the ALV Grid, to display the Icon added we must call the method “set_toolbar_interactive”.

----

• Class Definition *

----

CLASS lcl_alv_grid_display DEFINITION.

PUBLIC SECTION.

METHODS:

*----

To set the User command

handle_ucomm FOR EVENT user_command

OF cl_gui_alv_grid

IMPORTING e_ucomm,

*----

To add refresh Icon

handle_toolbar FOR EVENT toolbar

OF cl_gui_alv_grid

IMPORTING e_object e_interactive.

ENDCLASS. "lcl_alv_grid_display DEFINITION

----

• Class Implementation *

----

CLASS lcl_alv_grid_display IMPLEMENTATION.

METHOD handle_ucomm.

IF e_ucomm = 'REFH'.

MESSAGE i001(zfin) with ‘You clicked Refresh button’.

ENDIF.

ENDMETHOD. "handle_ucomm

*----

To include refresh button

METHOD handle_toolbar.

PERFORM handle_toolbar USING e_object e_interactive.

ENDMETHOD. "handle_toolbar

ENDCLASS. "lcl_alv_grid_display IMPLEMENTATION

&----

*& Form handle_toolbar

&----

• text

----

• -->P_E_OBJECT text

----

FORM handle_toolbar USING p_e_object TYPE REF TO

cl_alv_event_toolbar_set

p_e_interactive TYPE c.

DATA: lwa_button TYPE stb_button.

*----

Add refresh button

CLEAR lwa_button.

lwa_button-butn_type = '0'.

lwa_button-function = 'REFH'.

lwa_button-icon = icon_refresh.

lwa_button-quickinfo = ‘Refresh’.

lwa_button-disabled = space.

APPEND lwa_button TO p_e_object->mt_toolbar.

ENDFORM. " handle_toolbar

In order to register the event handler methods to the standard ALV Grid, Command SET HANDLER:

*----

Set Event Handlers

SET HANDLER wcl_event_receiver->handle_ucomm

wcl_event_receiver->handle_toolbar

FOR wcl_alv_grid_disp.

The output ALV Grid is shown below with the ‘REFRESH’ Icon that was added to it.

Fig 1.6 ALV Grid Output Display with Included Icon

Customer Enhancement of BAPIs

What is BAPI?

SAP defines BAPI as “Business Application Programming Interfaces (BAPIs) enable access to SAP functions across formal, stable and dialog-free interfaces. These interfaces can be used by external applications developed by customers and complementary software partners as well as by other SAP applications.” BAPIs can be called like other function modules and BAPIs have a return table which will be filled up when any kind of message have been triggered inside the BAPI interface. This will avert the abrupt termination of SAP transaction.

Two methods

There are two methods available for enhancing the existing BAPIs.

1. Extension parameters at the BAPI interface

2. Business Add-Ins (BAdIs)

Here only the first method is explained.

Why we need to enhance BAPI?

When a standard table has been enhanced to contain new Z fields, the existing BAPI will not populate data into these Z fields when the standard table is updated. For example, a standard table FKKVKP (contract account table) is enhanced by adding few Z fields to meet customer requirement. Whenever a Contract account is created using t-code CAA1, these Z fields will be populated in the table FKKVKP from the screen input.

But the existing BAPI, BAPI_ISUACCOUNT_CREATEFROMDATA will not update these Z fields since the tables parameter TCONTRACTACCOUNTDATA of Structure BAPIISUVKP will not have the Z fields. Hence we need to use the Extension parameters EXTENSIONIN of Structure BAPIPAREX for passing values to the Z fields.

How to use these Extension parameters?

The extension parameters serve as a container in which all the customer enhancements are passed to the BAPI. The extension parameters are always based on the BAPIPAREX structure.

The data is transferred in one table. The format of the data records in this table is determined by the BAPIPAREX structure. This structure contains multiple data record fields

(VALUEPART1, VALUEPART2, ...) and one field for the name of the help structure (STRUCTURE). Since the data for each data record is written to the corresponding data record fields in parts one after the other, a help structure is required for interpreting the data.

Fig 2.1 Structure of BAPIPAREX

Find out whether we have extension parameters for the BAPI using the t-code BAPI. For our example, there is an extension table parameter available for FKKVKP as BAPI_TE_FKKVKP.

How to append our Z fields to extension table?

Execute the t-code SE11 (ABAP dictionary) and into the structure BAPI_TE_FKKVKP. And add the Z fields into a Z append structure by clicking on the ‘Append Structures’ button.

Fig 2.2 Structure of Include BAPI_TE_FKKVKP for FKKVKP

Fig 2.3 Naming Custom Append Structure

Add all the Z fields of the table FKKVKP.

Fig 2.4 Adding Custom Fields into Append Structure

Activate the append structure and return back to BAPI_TE_FKKVKP. It should look alike the screen below.

Fig 2.5 Final structure of BAPI_TE_FKKVKP

How to pass values for the append structure into the BAPI?

Now we have successfully enhanced the BAPI to include the new Z fields of the table FKKVKP. We have to pass data to this BAPI from our application program such that the FKKVKP holds data for the Z fields.

*-----Data declarations

DATA: w_partner TYPE bapibppara-partner,

w_vkont TYPE bapicapara-account,

w_cacateg TYPE bapicapara-contr_acc_catg,

wa_bapi_return TYPE bapiret2,

wa_catab TYPE bapiisuvkp,

i_catab TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF bapiisuvkp,

wa_bapi_te_fkkvkp TYPE bapi_te_fkkvkp,

wa_extensionin TYPE bapiparex,

i_extensionin TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF bapiparex.

*-----Before this step, we will fill up data for all the fields of FKKVKP

APPEND wa_catab TO i_catab.

*-----Fill data to the extension structure BAPI_TE_FKKVKP

MOVE w_partner TO wa_bapi_te_fkkvkp-gpart.

MOVE ‘1’ TO wa_bapi_te_fkkvkp-zzfiach.

MOVE ‘X’ TO wa_bapi_te_fkkvkp-zzoutsflg.

*-----Move the extension structure to BAPI extension parameters

MOVE wa_bapi_te_fkkvkp TO wa_extensionin-valuepart1.

MOVE ‘BAPI_TE_FKKVKP’ TO wa_extensionin-structure.

APPEND wa_extensionin TO i_extensionin.

*----Call BAPI

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_ISUACCOUNT_CREATEFROMDATA'

EXPORTING

partner = w_partner

contractaccountcategory = w_cacateg

IMPORTING

return = wa_bapi_return

contract_account = w_new_vkont

TABLES

tcontractaccountdata = i_catab

extensionin = i_extensionin.

*----Call BAPI Commit work

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'

EXPORTING

wait = space

IMPORTING

return = wa_bapi_return.

In the above code, we move data for the Z fields to the extension structure BAPI_TE_FKKVKP. As we already learnt that the format of the data records in this table is determined by the BAPIPAREX structure.

The name of the structure BAPI_TE_FKKVKP is passed to the BAPIPAREX-STRUCTURE. And the data is moved directly to the VALUEPART1 field. We append this data to the internal table I_EXTENSIONIN and pass it to the BAPI interface.

Note

To find out the extension structure available for the required BAPI interface, you can use t-code BAPI as well as the documentation of the BAPI interface.

As we have EXTENSTIONIN parameter, some of the BAPIs allow us to have the EXTENSIONOUT parameters, the data returned after BAPI interface execution.

More info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/3e/0e1089c24611d1ad09080009b0fb56/frameset.htm

SAP Script

This section helps to print a number of documents using a single script. For example here we discuss a scenario to print 3 documents. The first document was a Covering Letter where the content of the document was within a single page. The second document was a Quotation Letter where the contents would be varying to several pages based on the customer requirement. The third document would be Customer Acceptance Letter where the contents would be displayed within a single page.

We have to create 4 pages defining PAGE1 as Covering Letter, PAGE3 as Acceptance Letter, PAGE2 as Quotation Letter and PAGE4 was an Interim PAGE being used along with Quotation Letter. Whenever the contents of the Quotation Letter (PAGE2) exceed the page limit it should automatically shift to PAGE4 to print the overflowing details. For this we need to declare the next page for PAGE2 as PAGE4.

Fig 3.1 Page Declaration

We have to create MAIN Windows in each of the 3 pages (PAGE2, PAGE3 and PAGE4). We cannot create separate MAIN Windows whereas we have created 3 instances of the MAIN Window (MAIN 00, MAIN 01 and MAIN 02).

PAGE2: MAIN 00

Fig 3.2 MAIN Window for PAGE2

PAGE4: MAIN 01

Fig 3.3 Instance of MAIN Window for PAGE4

PAGE3: MAIN 02

Fig 3.4 Instance of MAIN Window for PAGE3

We have to create several Text Elements to display the data. SAP defines “Text elements are related to a window, that is, a print program can call for each window only those text elements that exist in this window”. When the data to be displayed in the MAIN 00 Window of PAGE2 exceeds the page limit, it automatically shifts to MAIN 01 Window of PAGE4. Suppose the data exceeds the MAIN 01 of PAGE4, it automatically creates new pages and writes the remaining content. Based on the content of the Quotation Letter details the number of pages would be dynamically varying and the entire content would be printed across several pages that were created.

Fig 3.5 Text elements in MAIN window

*----

Writing the Text element ‘M00’ of PAGE2

ws_element_name = 'M00'. “Text element

ws_window_name = 'MAIN'. “Window name

PERFORM write_form USING ws_element_name ws_window_name.

*----

Writing the Text element ‘M06’ of PAGE2

ws_element_name = 'M06'. “Text element

ws_window_name = 'MAIN'. “Window name

PERFORM write_form USING ws_element_name ws_window_name.

*----

Subroutine calling Function Module WRITE_FORM

FORM write_form USING p_element_name p_window_name.

CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM'

EXPORTING

element = p_element_name

window = p_window_name

EXCEPTIONS

element = 1

function = 2

type = 3

unopened = 4

unstarted = 5

window = 6

bad_pageformat_for_print = 7

spool_error = 8

codepage = 9

OTHERS = 10.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE e004(zswqc).

ENDIF.

ENDFORM. " write_form

Triggering PAGE3 (Acceptance Letter) from PAGE2

Using NEW-PAGE command, we can force a page break at any point. The text after this command is written on a new page. The form feed is independent of any conditions. The command now outputs the current page.

When the content of the PAGE2 (Quotation Letter) details are printed, we call the PAGE3 (Acceptance Letter) using the NEW-PAGE PAGE3.

Fig 3.6 Using NEW-PAGE command

The content of the text elements are displayed in PAGE3 (Acceptance Letter).

Note

As soon as a MAIN window is full, SAP Script automatically triggers a page break and continues to output the remaining text in the main window of the subsequent page. Page windows of type MAIN have the same width throughout the form.

Address number Creation

This section helps to create an address number in SAP. We need to provide the details of the address (name, street, house number, City, postal code) and can also provide the communication data (telephone number and fax number). Before proceeding, we need to know what all the tables that get involved here. There are three address types, namely, Company addresses, Personal addresses and Workplace addresses. Here we are considering about how to create the Company addresses.

ADRC – Address table (Stores organization name and postal address)

ADRP – Personal data (used for address type 2 personal addresses)

ADCP – Assignment of persons to addresses (workplace data)

Prerequisites

1) You need to identify an address group. The address group is an attribute of an address or a person that must be specified by the application as a filter for almost all operations. Address group are stored in table TSAD7.

2) Registering the application in the table TSADRV. This table stores the where-used list of the addresses and data dictionary information.

Fig 4.1 Entry in TSADRV table

3) Address handle. As long as an application does not save an address to the database, the application refers to an address handle. This handle identifies an address in the local memory that is currently being entered.

Creating the address

There are two function modules available to maintain addresses. ADDR_INSERT can be used to insert an address which contains organization name, street, post code, city and region. If

we need to maintain telephone number or fax number for the same address number, the function module ADDR_COMM_MAINTAIN has to be used. Other wise, we can directly use the function module ADDR_MAINTAIN_COMPLETE to create an address with all address details along with telephone and fax numbers. Here, we discuss how to create an address using ADDR_MAINTAIN_COMPLETE.

Filling up all the address and communication details

This function module uses a deep structure SZADR_ADDR1_COMPLETE of type pools SZADR. The organization address should be passed in the table ADDR1_TAB, the telephone number in the table ADTEL_TAB and fax number in the table ADFAX_TAB.

TYPE-POOLS szadr.

DATA: ws_updflag TYPE szad_field-updateflag,

wa_addr_complete TYPE szadr_addr1_complete,

wa_addr_complete_out TYPE szadr_addr1_complete,

ws_addrgroup TYPE adrg-addr_group,

ws_retcode TYPE szad_field-returncode.

DATA: i_errortab TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF addr_error.

DATA: i_addr1_tab TYPE szadr_addr1_line OCCURS 0,

wa_addr1_tab TYPE szadr_addr1_line,

i_adtel_tab TYPE szadr_adtel_line OCCURS 0,

wa_adtel_tab TYPE szadr_adtel_line,

i_adfax_tab TYPE szadr_adfax_line OCCURS 0,

wa_adfax_tab TYPE szadr_adfax_line.

*We are creating an address; the UPDATEFLAG should be ‘I’ (Insert mode).

ws_updflag = 'I'.

*Address group considered as ‘CA01’ (Customizing address)

ws_addrgroup = 'CA01'.

*Address handle. The control is fully with ABAP Developer

wa_addr_complete-addrhandle = 'ADR'.

*Filling up the Organization address details

CLEAR wa_addr1_tab.

wa_addr1_tab-data-date_from = sy-datum.

wa_addr1_tab-data-name1 = 'James Enterprises'.

wa_addr1_tab-data-city1 = 'London'.

wa_addr1_tab-data-street = 'Manchester St'.

wa_addr1_tab-data-house_num1 = '112'.

wa_addr1_tab-data-post_code1 = 'WC2N 6QA'.

wa_addr1_tab-data-region = 'BAN'.

wa_addr1_tab-data-country = 'GB'.

APPEND wa_addr1_tab TO i_addr1_tab.

*Filling up the Telephone number details

CLEAR wa_adtel_tab.

wa_adtel_tab-date_from = sy-datum.

wa_adtel_tab-adtel-consnumber = '1'.

wa_adtel_tab-adtel-country = 'GB'.

wa_adtel_tab-adtel-flgdefault = 'X'.

wa_adtel_tab-adtel-tel_number = '+442072571368'.

APPEND wa_adtel_tab TO i_adtel_tab.

*Filling up the Fax number details

CLEAR wa_adfax_tab.

wa_adfax_tab-date_from = sy-datum.

wa_adfax_tab-adfax-consnumber = '1'.

wa_adfax_tab-adfax-country = 'GB'.

wa_adfax_tab-adfax-flgdefault = 'X'.

wa_adfax_tab-adfax-fax_number = '2072571368'.

APPEND wa_adfax_tab TO i_adfax_tab.

*Move the internal tables to final complex structure

MOVE i_addr1_tab[] TO wa_addr_complete-addr1_tab.

MOVE i_adtel_tab[] TO wa_addr_complete-adtel_tab.

MOVE i_adfax_tab[] TO wa_addr_complete-adfax_tab.

*Call the function module. It creates the Address and returns the final address *in ADDR1_COMPLETE_OUT with the address handle. The address is still not yet *stored in database but in local memory referred with address handle.

CALL FUNCTION 'ADDR_MAINTAIN_COMPLETE'

EXPORTING

updateflag = ws_updflag

addr1_complete = wa_addr_complete

address_group = ws_addrgroup

substitute_all_comm_data = 'X'

check_address = 'X'

consider_consnumber_for_insert = ' '

IMPORTING

returncode = ws_retcode

addr1_complete_out = wa_addr_complete_out

TABLES

error_table = i_errortab

EXCEPTIONS

parameter_error = 1

address_not_exist = 2

handle_exist = 3

internal_error = 4

OTHERS = 5.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

ENDIF.

Get the address number using the address handle

The ADDR_MAINTAIN_COMPLETE returns the final address structure along with the address handle. The address number is still not yet generated. We have to use the function module ADDR_NUMBER_GET to generate the address number.

Address reference specifies where the address number will be used. This function module checks whether the same entry is maintained in the TSADRV and the address group is maintained in TSAD7.

DATA: wa_addr_ref TYPE addr_ref.

*Fill the address reference; the where-used list of address number

CLEAR wa_addr_ref.

wa_addr_ref-appl_table = 'ZFDDHIST'.

wa_addr_ref-appl_field = 'ZADDRN'.

wa_addr_ref-appl_key+0(3) = sy-mandt.

wa_addr_ref-addr_group = 'CA01'.

wa_addr_ref-owner = space.

*Generate the address number

CALL FUNCTION 'ADDR_NUMBER_GET'

EXPORTING

address_handle = wa_addr_complete_out-addrhandle

address_reference = wa_addr_ref

owner = space

IMPORTING

address_number = wa_addr_complete_out-addrnumber

EXCEPTIONS

address_handle_not_exist = 1

internal_error = 2

parameter_error = 3

OTHERS = 4.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

ENDIF.

Store the Address in the database

Still now, we have successfully created an address handle with the organization address and communication numbers. Then, we assigned the address handle to a newly created address number. Still the whole data is in local memory and not stored in the database. The function module ADDR_MEMORY_SAVE stores the entire local memory on the database.

CALL FUNCTION 'ADDR_MEMORY_SAVE'

EXPORTING

execute_in_update_task = space

EXCEPTIONS

address_number_missing = 1

person_number_missing = 2

internal_error = 3

database_error = 4

reference_missing = 5

OTHERS = 6.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

ENDIF.

Note

The generated address number can be read from WA_ADDR_COMPLETE_OUT-ADDRNUMBER. Note that we need to use all the three function modules in order to successfully create an address number with the address details. After creating an address number, you can check for that address number in ADRC, ADR2 and ADR3 tables.

More info

You can find more information on this section at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c8/13b237b9a9a968e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Word wrap of Long Text from SAP

This section explains briefly how to copy longtext from SAP and display in Script. Longtext introduced by SAP can hold more than one line of text. Longtext will be displayed using the SAP Textedit control. The longtext can be accessed using Function Module ‘READ_TEXT’ and saved using Function Module ‘SAVE_TEXT’.

When Longtext is read from Function Module ‘READ_TEXT’ the text that is returned will be in the same order as we have saved.

Fig 5.1 Long text in t-code VA22

When we display the longtext in Script, it will display as we have saved using Function Module ‘SAVE_TEXT’.

Output before the word wrap of LONGTEXT

Fig 5.2 Long text output in SAP Script before Word Wrap

The above longtext displayed in the SAP Script is not up to the entire width of the window. In order to adjust the retrieved longtext to the width of the window, the following code would help.

Code for word wrap

DATA: ws_id1 TYPE THEAD-TDID, “Text id in Long text

ws_lang LIKE thead-tdspras, “Language - English

ws_obj LIKE thead-tdobject, “Text Name

ws_name1 LIKE thead-tdname. “Sales document item

*--I_POSNR is an internal table which holds Sales document item numbers

DATA: BEGIN OF i_posnr OCCURS 0,

vbeln LIKE vbap-vbeln,

posnr LIKE vbap-posnr,

END OF i_posnr.

*--I_LINES – Internal Table to hold long text before Word Wrap

DATA: BEGIN OF i_lines OCCURS 0.

INCLUDE STRUCTURE tline.

DATA: END OF i_lines .

*--I_LINES1 - Internal Table to hold long text after Word Wrap

DATA: BEGIN OF i_lines1 OCCURS 0.

INCLUDE STRUCTURE tline.

DATA: count(3) TYPE c,

END OF i_lines1 .

*--I_WRAP – Internal Table to hold Wrapped long text

DATA: BEGIN OF i_wrap OCCURS 0,

text(2500),

END OF i_wrap.

*-----Select from VBAP for item number

SELECT vbeln

posnr

FROM vbap

INTO TABLE i_posnr

WHERE vbeln = ws_vbeln.

*-----Count the Number of Sales Document Items

DESCRIBE TABLE i_posnr LINES ws_line.

ws_id1 = 'ZSW5'.

ws_lang = 'EN'.

ws_obj = 'VBBP'.

LOOP AT i_posnr.

CONCATENATE ws_vbeln i_posnr-posnr INTO ws_name1.

*-----Retrieve the LONGTEXT for the selected object

CALL FUNCTION 'READ_TEXT'

EXPORTING

client = sy-mandt

id = ws_id1

language = ws_lang

name = ws_name1

object = ws_obj

TABLES

lines = i_lines

EXCEPTIONS

id = 1

language = 2

name = 3

not_found = 4

object = 5

reference_check = 6

wrong_access_to_archive = 7.

IF sy-subrc = 0.

*------Count the number of Long text lines

DESCRIBE TABLE i_lines LINES ws_lines1.

CONDENSE ws_lines1.

IF ws_lines1 GT '1'.

PERFORM word_wrap.

ENDIF.

*-------If there are multiple Sales Document Items the Long Text of each

*-------Sales document Item is associated with Sequential Nos. 1, 2, ....

IF ws_line GT '1'.

n = n + 1.

READ TABLE i_lines INTO wa_lines1 INDEX 1.

i_lines1-tdline = wa_lines1-tdline.

CONCATENATE n '.' INTO ws_count2.

i_lines1-count = ws_count2.

APPEND i_lines1.

APPEND LINES OF i_lines FROM 2 TO i_lines1.

APPEND INITIAL LINE TO i_lines1.

ELSE.

APPEND LINES OF i_lines TO i_lines1.

ENDIF.

CLEAR: wa_lines1,

ws_lines1,

i_lines,

ws_count.

REFRESH i_lines.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

*-----Subroutine for LONGTEXT Word wrap

FORM word_wrap_sp .

LOOP AT i_lines.

IF i_lines-tdformat = '*' AND i_lines-tdline = ''.

APPEND INITIAL LINE TO i_wrap.

CONTINUE.

ENDIF.

ws_count = sy-tabix + 1.

READ TABLE i_lines INDEX ws_count INTO wa_lines.

IF wa_lines-tdformat = '*' OR sy-subrc NE 0.

CONCATENATE ws_tdtext i_lines-tdline INTO ws_tdtext SEPARATED BY

space.

i_wrap-text = ws_tdtext+1(2499).

APPEND i_wrap.

CLEAR ws_tdtext.

ELSE.

CONCATENATE ws_tdtext i_lines-tdline INTO ws_tdtext SEPARATED BY

space.

IF wa_lines-tdformat = '*'.

APPEND i_wrap.

CLEAR ws_tdtext.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

CLEAR: i_lines.

REFRESH: i_lines.

LOOP AT i_wrap.

IF i_wrap-text IS INITIAL.

APPEND i_lines.

REFRESH lines.

ENDIF.

*-----The function module splits the long text based on the output length

CALL FUNCTION 'RKD_WORD_WRAP'

EXPORTING

textline = i_wrap-text

delimiter = ' '

outputlen = 95

TABLES

out_lines = lines.

LOOP AT lines.

i_lines-tdline = lines.

APPEND i_lines.

ENDLOOP.

CLEAR: lines.

REFRESH lines.

CLEAR: i_lines.

ENDLOOP.

CLEAR: i_wrap,i_lines, lines.

REFRESH: i_wrap, lines.

ENDFORM. " word_wrap

Output after the word wrap of LONGTEXT

Fig 5.3 Long text output in SAP Script after Word Wrap

Decimal Notation based on User profile settings

If the user has a different decimal notation and thousand separators, then we need to show the figures in the reports according to the SAP user profile settings. The user profile settings can be modified using transaction code SU01. Consider the user is of different country and has the decimal notation as comma (e.g. 150,00), then the user might want the amount or quantity field values to be displayed in the same format in all your reports.

User profile details are stored in the table USR01. The field denoting the decimal notation is DCPFM. The allowed values in this field are as below:

X Decimal point is period: N,NNN.NN

Decimal point is comma: N.NNN,NN

Y Decimal point is N NNN NNN,NN

This can be achieved in two ways. One is using WRITE TO statement. The other is using TRANSLATE and REPLACE statement.

Using WRITE TO

This statement is used to write the source field contents to the target field based on the source field data type and user decimal notations.

DATA: W_P_AMOUNT TYPE P DECIMALS 2 VALUE ‘10000.00’,

W_C_AMOUNT(20) TYPE C.

*using Move statement

MOVE W_P_AMOUNT TO W_C_AMOUNT.

WRITE:/ ‘using MOVE = ’, W_C_AMOUNT.

*using Write To statement

CLEAR W_C_AMOUNT.

WRITE W_P_AMOUNT TO W_C_AMOUNT.

WRITE:/ ‘using WRITE TO= ’, W_C_AMOUNT.

Output

Fig 6.1 Output of MOVE and WRITE TO statements

MOVE statement will move the exact content of source field (W_P_AMOUNT) to the target field (W_C_AMOUNT). WRITE TO statement will copy the content of source field to the target based on the source field data type and user decimal notations.

Using TRANSLATE

Consider you are picking an amount field value from a SAP table, for example BSEG-DMBTR. The value would be assigned to the variable exactly as it is from the database and not based on the user profile settings. To change that amount value based on the user profile settings, we use the TRANSLATE statement with the option USING. This will check for the occurrences for the search character and replaces it with the next character.

TABLES USR01.

DATA WA_USR01 TYPE USR01.

DATA: W_P_AMOUNT TYPE BSEG-DMBTR,

W_C_AMOUNT(20) TYPE C.

SELECT SINGLE DMBTR

FROM BSEG

INTO W_P_AMOUNT

WHERE BELNR EQ '0100000000'.

IF SY-SUBRC NE 0.

ENDIF.

SELECT SINGLE *

FROM USR01

INTO WA_USR01

WHERE BNAME EQ SY-UNAME.

IF SY-SUBRC NE 0.

*-- user profile data not found

ENDIF.

MOVE W_P_AMOUNT TO W_C_AMOUNT.

WRITE:/ 'before TRANSLATE=', W_C_AMOUNT.

*check the decimal notation flag

IF WA_USR01-DCPFM EQ ' '.

TRANSLATE W_C_AMOUNT USING ', '.

CONDENSE W_C_AMOUNT NO-GAPS.

REPLACE '.' WITH ',' INTO W_C_AMOUNT.

ELSEIF WA_USR01-DCPFM EQ 'Y'.

TRANSLATE W_C_AMOUNT USING ', '.

ENDIF.

WRITE:/ 'after TRANSLATE=', W_C_AMOUNT.

Here the TRANSLATE statement searches for thousand separators i.e., comma character in this case and replaces it with the next character, i.e. blank. CONDENSE statement with NO-GAPS option will remove all the blank spaces in between and the REPLACE statement is to change the decimal notation from period to comma.

Output

Fig 6.2 Output before and after TRANSLATE statements

Note

This part of code will be helpful when we write the BDC programs. If you have any quantity field or amount field to be filled up in the transaction, then the BDC program will stop or will raise an error as “Enter a numeric value” since the amount value filled by the BDC program has different decimal notation when compared to the user profile.

Avoiding short dumps using CATCH…ENDCATCH

Consider you have written code for a scenario where in you assign a numeric value to character value and have to assign the character value back to the numeric variable after some calculations. There might be chances of BCD overflow or some form of conversion error or any arithmetic errors which results in abnormal termination (short dump) of your program. There is a way to avoid such dumps and you can write code such that your program will halt in normal way or report any error in finding any occurrence of dump.

This can be done using CATCH SYSTEM-EXCEPTIONS…ENDCATCH statement.

CATCH SYSTEM-EXCEPTIONS <exc1> = <n1> … <excn> = <nm>.

….

ENDCATCH.

Catchable runtime errors are grouped into ERROR classes. For example, BCD_OVERFLOW, BCD_ZERODIVIDE are grouped under ARITHMETIC_ERRORS class. Your code (doing calculations) will be written inside the CATCH…ENDCATCH block and when an exception exc1 rises, the exception is assigned with the corresponding n1 value and the n1 value will be assigned to SY-SUBRC. Then in your program, outside the ENDCATCH statement, you can check for the SY-SUBRC value and can raise an error message.

Sample Program

REPORT ysakex1.

DATA: num_val(2) TYPE p,

int_val TYPE i.

CONSTANTS: c_val TYPE i VALUE '900'.

START-OF-SELECTION.

CATCH SYSTEM-EXCEPTIONS compute_bcd_overflow = 3 "exception name

conversion_errors = 5. "error class

• Raises COMPUTE_BCD_OVERFLOW exception

MOVE '100' TO num_val.

num_val = num_val + c_val.

WRITE:/ 'Numeric value = ', num_val.

• Raises CONVT_NO_NUMBER exception

MOVE 'ab' TO int_val.

WRITE:/ 'Integer value = ', int_val.

ENDCATCH.

IF sy-subrc EQ 3.

WRITE:/ 'BCD Overflow Dump averted'.

ENDIF.

IF sy-subrc EQ 5.

WRITE:/ 'Conversion Error Dump averted'.

ENDIF.

In the above program, once the COMPUTE_BCD_OVERFLOW error arises, the control jumps to ENDCATCH and won’t proceed to execute the rest of the statements inside the CATCH block. Hence you will always get the BCD_OVERFLOW error in the sample program. To check for the CONVT_NO_NUMBER error, just comment only the “num_val = num_val + c_val” statement.

The number 3 and 5 are assigned to an direct run-time error and to an error class respectively. While using an error class, you can handle all the runtime errors assigned to that error class and hence the same sy-subrc code would be returned if any error of that class raised inside CATCH block.

Output

Fig 7.1 Catching BCD_OVERFLOW dump

Comment the statement num_val = num_val + c_val. Then CONVT_NO_NUMBER runtime error arises.

Fig 7.2 Catching CONVT_NO_NUMBER dump

Reward if useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

check these important events ...

1.SLIS_PRINT_ALV.

2. SLIS_T_LISTHEADER.

3. SLIS_T_EVENT.

4. SLIS_T_SORTINFO_ALV.

5. SLIS_T_LAYOUT_ALV.

6. SLIS_T_FIELDCAT_ALV.

for more details ..check this link..

Refer

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/abap/events-in-alv-and-their-fm.htm

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swathi,

Common Events:

1. Intialization:

This is the first event will be trigerred among all the events. In this event you will assigning values to variables.

For eg: if you want to display comments on the selection -screen.

v1 = 'HAI'. and write this variable in the at selection screen then HAI will be displayed in the selection screen.

2. At Selection-screen OUTPUT.

This is triggered before displaying the selection screen. It's just like PBO in Module pool.

3. At Selection-screen.

This event is triggered when the before leaving the selection screen.

4. Start-of-selection.

this is default event trigerred for every executable program. Here you can do all the retrival logic.

5. End-of-selection:

This event is triggered after the start-of-selection. to display the contents on the report.

Classical report events:

1.Top-of-page: Every time a new page is triggered. Mainly this is used for header of the report.

2. End-of-page : every time the list data reaches the footer region of the page.

Interactive report events.

top of page during line selection : top of page event for secondary list.

1. At line-selection : evey time user dbl-clicks(F2) on the list data.

2. At pF<key> :function key from F5 to F12 to perform interactive action on the lis

3. At user-command: to assign the function code for the button on the report.

It's just like PAI of the Module pool program.

Also Check This Link..

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/events-related-to-reporting.htm

Regards,

Kumar.