Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event to be used for Table Maitaince Generator ?

former_member202957
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got any issue where i am unable to figure out which event to be used.

my requirement is :

I created a Ztable and assigend mataince genarator to it. suppose the ztable have some entries in that so when i enter new entry then based on some fields values entred i have to check is there any data exists for the values entred in ztable if exists then i have to change date fields of the old record in ztable and also new recored which i am entering.

for this requirement which event i required to use? coz i based on selection given while entering new record i need to check data which is already existing in that ztable and do the required manupulations and save the data.

Thanks,

Sunil kairam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try event 05 creating new data. Here you can validate the data.

Mrinmoy

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Table maintenance event:

05- New entry

But since you want to validate the existing entry also, I suggest to go with Event 01- Before save, Which will validate all the entries in the table.

Hope this helps

Regards

shiva

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Yes , i am using event - 01 ( before saving data in data base ) but wht happening is i kept break -point in that but while saving the entires it is not going their.

And can you please tell me how to validate existing entires? do i need to write select qurey ?

Thanks,

Sunil kairam.

0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Its going to debug mode now.... can you please tell me how would i get al the values which are their in ztable. ??

Thanks,

sunil kairam

0 Kudos

Check event - 05 and try select query with the screen passed values.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello boby,

Yes using event - 05 with select qurey works but when i m validating entries a dublicate entry is created ..

Thanks,

Sunil

0 Kudos

Try throwing a error message if entry already exists please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try event 05 creating new data. Here you can validate the data.

Mrinmoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

You can acheive the same without using events,

Just allow the program to insert the duplicate entry, it will throw a runtime exception. Catch that exception in your code in the try endtry block and update the table if the exception is found.

Regards,

Vinod