Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error msg when using "Call TRANSACTION" from RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem when using a "Call Transaction" which evidently returns a message in the "place holder". I call the program from a function module who is called from a vb program via RFC. Because the RFC user doesn't have a GUI I receive an "RAISE_EXCEPTION" error message and the diagnosis explains "Error texts from the batch input are not output. Only a placeholder". The code line in the ABAP looks like this

CALL TRANSACTION 'MM01' USING bdc_tab MODE w_mode UPDATE 'S'

I need to know how to disable those messages or if there is another way to solve this.

Regards Magnus Rosengren

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Try by uncommenting the Exceptions during calling of the function module in your abap program.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I'm sorry but don't really understand you. The transaction I'm calling is a SAP standard transaction and I don't want to make any changes in those programs.

Regards Magnus Rosengren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Magnus,

Shouldn't your statement be :

CALL TRANSACTION 'MM01' USING bdc_tab MODE w_mode UPDATE 'S'

<b>MESSAGES INTO <internal table of type BDCMSGCOLL></b>

kind regards

Pieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Pieter, u should use the option

ESSAGES INTO <internal table of type BDCMSGCOLL>

Here u can read the table with message type 'E' to find out what exactly is the error.

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the quick replays, but I'm sorry to say that doesn't work either. The thing is, when I'm in debugg mode and stepping trough the program it seems to work but when I run it I get the message that the material has been created. I don't understand why I get the two diffrent results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Point is, the error message cannot be avoided by using the option mentioned above. The only way to remove the error message is to understand it and try to make changes in ur code so that it can be fixed.

Looks like the message that is displayed in debuggin mode is displayed using a single place holder in the message structure.

For Example MEssage number e398(00) = &&&&.

Here u can replace any text for the place holders. The error message displayed could be that the error message itself is not correctly defined. Double click on the message when it is displayed and then go to se91 and check whether that message is properly defined or not.

But i could be completely wrong, please let me know it this of any relevance to ur problem.

Hope it helps,

Sharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Magnus,

Forgive my asking, as it might seem obvious, but is the call transaction mode 'N' ?

I ask this because I reread your initial post and you said you get the error because the user doesn't have a GUI. This is indeed not necessary if the call transaction runs in mode N. The other modes might need a connection with the gui.

So ignore this message if the mode is N

Pieter

0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanks for your attention, but I solved it in a another way. I created a event driven job wich creates the material for me.

Any way thanks for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Magnus,

Glad to hear your problem is solved, but why don't you use BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA ?

You could create your material synchronously then.

kind regards

Pieter