Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Log in Transaction VF01

piyush_mathur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to track the error while creating Billing Document Using Transaction VF01 using BDC.

If there is any error occurs, we can see the log in EDIT->LOG option in transaction VF01. I want to show that log in my report in which i am using BDC. PLease help to me to know how to trap the Error Log.

Thanks

Piyush

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BDC Call transaction method the errors can be handled from the structure BDCMSGCOLL. All the errors can be stored in this structure. From this structure you can display the errors in the report.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

HI Ram,

Using this method i can trap those message which generate at Staus Bar, i have to trap the message which is generated By transaction VF01 and can be viewed by using EDIT->LOG path.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

See this table BDCLM

where the log messages are available

also check the table

RSBDCREO

REgards,

Sonika

0 Kudos

Hi Sonika,

I donot have to trap the BDC error. while i create any Billing Document using Transaction VF01 and if any error occurs it shows a error at Status Bar which can be easily trap using BDC. But this information is not sufficient. Actual cause of error can be shown using path EDIT-> LOG.

I have to trap that error in my program.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually I have to collect the information from Structure XVBFS which contains the Message No, Message ID etc. Based on these information, i can retreive the error message.

Thanks

Piyush

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is solution found for this ? I am facing similar problem ..Please let me know the answer soon.

Thanks

Manoj