Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in work flow "PREFIX NUMBER: ENTRY MISSING FOR SYSTEM SRS CLIENT 800"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am learning Work-flow in my PC.when i am Developing a simple application using steps "User Decision" and "Mail" i am getting a error like

"PREFIX NUMBER: ENTRY MISSING FOR SYSTEM SRS CLIENT 800 ".

Why iam getting that error ? How to rectify that ?

Thanks in advance

Ramakrishna.

4 REPLIES 4

franois_henrotte
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is error message 023 of class 5W

Here is the long text:

"Tasks, standard roles and also workflow definitions require an ID that is unique throughout all systems and clients. In this way, you can ensure that you can transport these objects from one system into another at any time (without restrictions). From a technical point of view, the uniqueness of the ID is ensured by what is known as a "prefix number". You can define a separate prefix number for every system and every client in table T78NR.

If a prefix number is not defined in the client in which you are currently working, it is not possible to maintain (maintenance terminates).

Maintain table T78NR in Customizing, and create an entry for the system in question and the current client."

0 Kudos

Hi,

How to create a Prefix number ?

Thanks in advance

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to go to transaction OOW4 to maintain the prefix number for your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please maintain the prefix number in tcode OOW4.

Here you need maintain like this:

Example:

Prefix number     SAP system    client      package

999                        E11                100         ZWF

for SAP sytem , client and package...give your details accordingly.