Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in select single abap

0 Kudos

Hello!

I need help.

I am trying to save a field to a variable.

I have already tried everything but it is not working for me, if you could help me please.

I leave you the line of code that I use to save the data in a variable:

select single KNUMH from a911 into va_knumh where kunnr = cod_cli and zterm = cod_cond_venta.

va_knumh its my variable.

I am attentive to you!

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome to the SAP Community. Thank you for visiting us to get answers to your questions.

Since you're asking a question here for the first time, I'd like to offer some friendly advice on how to get the most out of your community membership and experience.

First, please see https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as this resource page provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members. Second, feel free to take our Q&A tutorial at https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, as that will help you when submitting questions to the community.

Now for some specific suggestions on how you might improve your question:

* Outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful) -- so members don't make suggestions that you've already tried.

* Share screenshots of what you've seen/done (if possible), as images always helps our members better understand your problem.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

The more details you provide (in questions tagged correctly), the more likely it is that members will be able to respond. As it stands, I don't know if there is enough information here for members to understand your issue. So please consider revising your question because I'd really like to see you get a solution to your problem!

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

Jeansy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which kind of error message do you receive with your SELECT-statement?

Kind regards
Jens

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mhklinor

select single KNUMH from a911 into 

va_knumh where kunnr = cod_cli and zterm = cod_cond_venta.

There is no such table a911. Can you please share the screen and error message you received.Also what is the correct table?Regards,Venkat

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

If you mean nothing is found, and you think it should find it, it means probably that you don't know the concept of external and internal values, what you see when you display the table are the external values, and what is in the table are the internal values. You are probably trying to select with the external values instead of internal values. Fix the value in cod_cli or cod_cond_venta (like missing leading zeroes, etc.)

former_member808116
Participant
0 Kudos

have you declared work-area?

Try adding

Table: A911.

why would you need a work area?

TABLES is an obsolete statement and not to be used for new developments (exception, classic Dynpro).

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkateswaran.k A911 is a condition table defined by the customer. It doesn't generally exist.