Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error consuming a Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm trying to consume a web service that I have created from a function module. I have check SOA Management and it seems all ok.

But when I execute the following url: http://bcnasapsad01.sscc.intranet.local:8000/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zws_zfi_divisas_activas/300/zws_zfi_...#,

Internet windows show the attached error. I have attached a xml file with the error.

I have activate in SICF the services default_host/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zws* and default_host/bc/srt/wsdl. Also I have activated icf node. I don't know which more configuration I have to do.

Does anyone know this error and have solved it?

Many thanks in advance,

Ruben

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

How are you testing your service?

Have you completed configuration for your service in SOAMANAGER?

Regards,

Kim

0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

this function module doesn't have any import parameters, then I have paste the url directly in a internet window. I have attached some screenshots with all configuration about this web service and how I test it. In log and traces tab appears the same error.

When I click on Open Web Service navigator for selected binding the error J2EE host or port not specified; define them under "System Settings" appears.

Could you please take a look at this file?

Many thanks,

Ruben

0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

The error originates from the way you are testing. 

You cannot consume the service directly from an IE, because the IE is not creating a properly formed SOAP message. The good news is that this error indicates that your service does exist.

In your case, you cannot use the WebService Navigator,  for testing, either.  From your description of the error, the Web Service Navigator has not been configured. 

Here is a wiki site with instructions for configuring the Web Service Navigator:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/Web+Service+Testing+Using+the+J2EE+Server+Web+Service+...

Other ways to test your webservice is to use third party freeware, such as SoapUI or XMLSpy.

Regards,

Kim