Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement of Cluster Table --> possible? nessecary? FI-TV

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings,

we are in the process of implementing Travel Management on our DEV System. Since the WebDynpro ABAP Services we use Portal-Side do not fullfill all our requirements, I have enhanced them accordingly with additionaly fields etc.

Consequently, the data has to adapt to the flow into the backend and vice versa when Expense sheets are changed/copied/deleted etc. I have already succeeded in doing so with the table FTPT_REQ_TAC for additional Service Requests and extra substantiations which was not really challenging since it all flows through this one table.

However, I also have fields which would/should be functionally/logically assigned to the head data or the general data of the TRIP, i.e. this means for me PTRV_HEAD and PTRV_PERIO. The data within these transparent tables is also written into the Travel Management Cluster Table i.e. pretty much everything used in Report RPCLSTTE (including PCL1?...).

Bottom line this all looks insanely complex to me and I'm unsure whether this is a good or even a nessecary approach enhanceing all this to ensure the data-flow will stay consistent...

I don't expect a sample solution but some opinions would be very very welcomed.

best regards, Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general I would not enhance standard tables or even cluster!

Just create your own table - key - trip number - employee...

In backend even there is an CUSTOMER_SCREEN, data type PTRV_D9999

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general I would not enhance standard tables or even cluster!

In backend even there is an CUSTOMER_SCREEN, data type PTRV_D9999

0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

But then I would have to modify all the logic from the Web Dynpros when saving, deleting, copying etc. etc.....

So "just" using a customer Table will be even more complicated and require even modification, don't you think?

This "CUSTOMER_SCREEN" you mentioned is new to me. Can you elaborate on how this could help me altering/enhancing the flow of data per my requirement? I mean, it's just a boolean field (XFELD), what is it good for?

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

WebDynpro for ABAP does not need "modifications" - it is an enhancement - so you stay in SAP Standard.

So you can even define own fields on SAP Standard: There are also BADI's which you can use to write to your own custom table....

Customer Structure - so this will add a tab to the PR05 - and here you can define as much as you like on fields and checks...

0 Kudos

WebDynpro for ABAP does not need "modifications" - it is an enhancement - so you stay in SAP Standard.

So you can even define own fields on SAP Standard: There are also BADI's which you can use to write to your own custom table....

Yes I know that WDA doesn't require modification in 99%, I was being unclear. The business logic behind the WDA which is all FMs within FMs within FMs however, would require modification in case I use enhanced standard tables (to my current knowledge). Would your approach be using the BADI TRIP_IMP_EXP or User exit Save trip after REINER has been assigned to save customer data into a custom table?

Customer Structure - so this will add a tab to the PR05 - and here you can define as much as you like on fields and checks...

Can you go more into detail how to achieve activating this customer structure?

EDIT: Found this thread where Sally described what you mean in detail, I think.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2063398

So with using this approach I could theoretically leave my enhancements on standard table ftpt_req_cat which does make sense since this table is NOT written into the TE cluster. For all other tables mentioned in the TE Cluster, I would use PTK99 'USER' make my own fields, add it to screen painter in pr05 etc etc etc and be happy with it. Can you confirm this is roughly how it goes?

Cheers, Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Feb 10, 2012 12:58 PM

0 Kudos

Lukas,

I haven't read everything in the post, but I thought this may be of some help. We have added (appended) fields in the cluster but had to readjust all the trip data each time after the support packs. It wasn't a pleasant experience. I believe only the USER segment of the cluster is suggested for customer fields.