Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enabling/hiding iviews within a role based on user permissions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to be able to setup a few key parent roles and then have a series of IViews under it. I would assign user groups to the roles accordingly. But then I want the iViews within the role(s) to be visible to only certain subsets of those groups. So, suppose role A has iviews 1 thru 9. I want to assign role A to group A, but within group A, there are a groups of users who should only see iViews 5-9.

I also tried putting those iViews (5-9) in a seperate role that was underneath role A, but the parent users (group A) still sees all iViews.

What am I missing? I'd rather avoid creating the subroles for our specific solution.

3 REPLIES 3

yonko_yonchev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

within the role with iViews 1-9, go in the permissions for the iViews that shouldn't be shown. Then remove End User Permissions for the users that shouldn't see them. I would suggest to create a child group for these users to make the administration of the last step easier.

I think this will do the job for you.

Regards,

Yonko

0 Kudos

That's not working as I'd hoped.

I have role A that has iViews 1-4.

I have user groups A and B that can see role A. I want group A to see iviews 1-3, where group B should be able to see all 4.

I opened the permissions of iView4 at it's source location(since the iviews are in the role as delta links). There are just 2 groups assigned: everyone and superadmins. I removed the 'end user' check from the everyone group and even changed it's rights to 'none'.

But the iView still appears in the role for users in group A (and B, but it always did).

0 Kudos

Try assigning view 1-3 and usergroup A to and other view and user group B to seperate instances of the same object. manually add another same object and in one instance add user group A and views which you want it to see and other instance usergroup B and other views

Award points if found helpful

With Regards,

Junaid