Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails in workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi workflow expert,

I have developed a workflow which contains a step to send mails to E-mail address. For some users, it is successfully sending the mails to outlook, but for some users it is not sent.

In SOST transaction the status of sending the mail for the user who did not receive the mail is as follows:

1. Document sent.

2. Wait for communication service.

3. Mail sent to recipient.

But in contrary, the mail is not received by recipient to his outlook. Apparently, when mail recipient E-mail address is changed to other user, it is received by the other.

As per my understanding from this exercise, I expect the following:

1. Authorizations to receive such mails.

2. Extra settings need to be done in SAP system.

3. Restrictions on the mail server for some mail addresses.

Anybody, please confirm whether my understanding is correct and give me procedure to fix the problem.

Regards,

Suraj Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally Authorizations are required for receiving emails. Check in table ADR6 whether the user has an SMTP_ADDR.

Madhavi

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally Authorizations are required for receiving emails. Check in table ADR6 whether the user has an SMTP_ADDR.

Madhavi

0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

I have checked for both users in the ADR6 table. Both are having similar entities maintained. Still one user is able to receive, and other does not.

So it might not be the correct reason (or) there are still other such things need to be maintained.

Thanks & Regards,

Suraj Kumar.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Check if the recipient has some email managing program which filters the mails.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

use this FM 'SUSR_USER_ADDRESS_READ'

if this sy-subrc <> 0.

do the following

SELECT SINGLE * FROM adr6

WHERE addrnumber = user_address-addrnumber

AND persnumber = user_address-persnumber.

Madhavi