Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email is showing green status in SOST but sometimes recipient not recieving the mails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello collegaue,

I have an issue while sending some on boarding mail  to the distribution list /recipeint . I am passing the sender name as HROBM_WW

lo_sender = cl_sapuser_bcs=>create( 'HROBM_WW' ). The mails are getting triggered till SOST and showing the status as green with the recipient name as HROBM_WW .The HROBM_WW is the user name in SU01 and having a valid email id maintained in SU01. I have checked with exchange server people also  and according to them sometimes the mail is getting triggered with the email id maintained in SU01 and recipeint are recieving mails but sometimes it is taking the email id as HROBM_WW@sap.com and since not a valid email id rejecting the mails. Please note that the default domain maintained is sap.com.

Can anyone tell me why sometimes it is taking wrong email id  HROBM_WW@sap.com and sometimes the correct email id maintained in SU01.

Do I need to configure something in sap system.

Many Thanks in Advacne.

Regards

Ajit Chirania.

4 REPLIES 4

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even thought you might be able to generate and check the status and process them in SOST. Check the SMTP and SCOT configuration on your SAP system. Sometimes mails are not configured to connect to actual mail servers to send them out from Development systems

Check the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Cheers,

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arindam,

HROBM_WW is the  SAP user who does have an Internet mail address  to send an e-mail,  even though sometimes the sender address consisting of the SAP user name and this domain is generated and sending the mail to recipient that is the reason mails are not going...could you please tell me why it is happening ???

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done the following. This should work.

"Create send request

gl_send_request = cl_bcs=>create_persistent( ).

lo_sender = cl_sapuser_bcs=>create( 'HROBM_WW' ).

CALL METHOD gl_send_request->set_sender

EXPORTING

i_sender = lo_sender.

Wanted to add this to the response check the email ID maintained in PA105 and User OWN data. System->User Profile-Owndata Might be it picks from one of these places and its not maintaned there. see the difference in records for user for which it works and for users that don't.

Cheers,

Arindam

Message was edited by: Arindam Mondal

0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the setting for "SCOT -> Settings -> confirmation of receipt"?

If you set it as "SAPconnect does not expect reciept confirm. for internet mail". SAPconnect will set

the status to green once it has been sent out from SAP system. In this case sap system does not

care whether the mail has been actually sent out or not.

So if yes, please change the settings to

-> SAPconnect expects receipt confirmations for internet mail ?

The mail server need to support and send the confirmation back to sap system.

Regards,

Shawn