Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse ADT SAP system connection source

dschiener
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

when I create a new ABAP project in Eclipse ADT, Eclipse is showing a popup with all known SAP system connections.

Can anyone tell me from which source Eclipse ADT retrieves these connection information:

BR,

Daniel

5 REPLIES 5

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean by source ? this is your sapgui configuration

dschiener
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi frdric.girod,

yes I know. And on Windows there is also a file called SAPUILandscape.xml in folder %APPDATA%\Roaming\SAP\common that seems to contain system endpoint configurations.

Unfortunately, Eclipse seems to ignore these configurations because when I change something in this file, it will not be displayed in this Eclipse popup...

So am I doing anything wrong or is there another file where these system endpoint configurations are stored?

BiberM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dschiener,

What Version of SAP GUI do you use? In some older versions the newer configuration file SAPUILandscape.xml is not mandatory. Since 7.60 or 7.70 it is the only option.

If I remember correctly you can see the used Configfiles in the SAP GUI Options.

And yes, the answer from frdric.girod is correct, the SAP GUI System connections are displayed.

dschiener
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi michael.biber2,

thank you for your reply. So I use SAP Gui 7.70...

So you mean for this SAP Gui version the SAPUILandscape.xml is the only option to configure these connections?

Hm. If so I am doing something wrong.
If I change anything in this file my Eclipse ADT does not recognize these changes...:(

dschiener
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok solved it. I had to adapt the configuration path in SAP Gui Configuration too:

Had forgotten this step...