Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ECATT experts,

I m new to ECATT.

Can anyone explains about ECATT and How to use ECATT.

Thanks&regards

Geetha K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member131788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hai ECATT experts

I m new to ECATT.

Thanks&regards

Geetha K

Hi Geetha,

Please go through this link , this should help you.

Note: Please post your thread after you have read [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement|General guidelines] and FAQ's because this will answer most of your queries. This applies to all forums on SDN.

Thanks and Kind Regards

-

Mohan

6 REPLIES 6

former_member131788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hai ECATT experts

I m new to ECATT.

Thanks&regards

Geetha K

Hi Geetha,

Please go through this link , this should help you.

Note: Please post your thread after you have read [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement|General guidelines] and FAQ's because this will answer most of your queries. This applies to all forums on SDN.

Thanks and Kind Regards

-

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

eCATT stands for extended Computer Aided Test Tool (eCATT) which is built is testing tool to test SAP system. By using testing tool we can test the entire business process, and we can also use this tool with a third party testing tool (I am not covering this topic). Execution of every test script ends with a log, which explains the results of the test script.

By using eCATT we can do following operations,

u2022 Test transactions, reports, and scenarios

u2022 Call BAPIs and function modules

u2022 Test remote systems

u2022 Check authorizations (user profiles)

u2022 Test updates (database, applications, GUI)

u2022 Test the effect of changes to customizing settings

u2022 Check system messages

U can get more info at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/2a/121e3bd711bb04e10000000a114084/frameset.htm];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

There are some tutorials for ecatt freshers in saptechnical.com. Also you can found some in sdn.

They will be helpful in understanding how to work with e-catts.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ECATT experts,

I want create an ecatt. This ecatt must create a sale order with transaction va01 and join to this a most Material Number.

For this I create two scripts. First scripts with tcd record and transaction va01 to create a sale order. A second script with tcd record and transaction va02 to create a material number.

I call this second script in a first script with REF.

My problem is: How to collect the sale order (order) of the first script and to inject it in the second script and to create my Materials Numbers?

Have you an example?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can export the Sales Order number from the first script and use this Sales Order as an importing variable in the second script. You can achieve this through defining it in the parameter list.

Regards,

Ananth.