Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT benefits for ABAP developers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm new to eCATT, but have gone through eCATT tutorial successfully.

My question is not about how to use SECATT transaction rather I'm interested in using eCATT from a ABAP developer point of view.

Since, functional testing is main responsibility of functional consultants, therefore, how can ABAP consultants use eCATT for their advantage? I've heard that eCATT can also be used for uploading data, is that right? What else can I achieve with eCATT other than testing SAP transaction? It'll be helpful if you can post an example describing that how you used eCATT for your advantage.

Have a nice day!

Hashir Ahmed

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hashir,

As you mentioned we can use eCATT created to setup the customization and master data required for the process to be tested manually within less time , this saves a lot of time as more time is required to setup the masterdata for the process.

Also we can use eCATT during the support pack test , perform regression runs of the earlier functionality to check whether the basic functionality is working fine after the enhancments have been implemented.

Overall the eCATT saves a lot of time of manual testing.

eCATT can be used to test web applications aswell apart from SAP R3 transactions.

eCATT supports the integration of the third party tool like qtp , testpartner.

Thanks & Best regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for answering my query.

Regards,

Hashir Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay Can i hav ur mail id.

I have a very Serious issue with Mass Uploads of Descriptions and Multiple Transactions against a Role.

Please Provide me ur Contact Details as well.

I have already posted my Issue But it would be better if i can talk 2 u and make things much clearer.

if possible ur email contact as well.

Thx

Essam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Apart from the application knowledge and benefits, when the developer records and tests transactions used in business scenarios, we get used to the transaction flow and the tactics involved in creating master and transaction data. And in 3-6 months time of using eCATT applications, the developer will become comfortable in the module he is working for.

This would help in gaining your confidence in SAP Functional part and in case of troubles, we can find test cases on our own and trouble shoot the problem quickiy compared to other ABAP developers.

Thanks

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Seena,

it has been 4 Days and iam stuck with this issue.

I have done most of it but iam stuc at a position and iam not able 2 proceed.

see when i ASSIGN TRANSACTIONS IN PFCG.

while uploading ...

The file Picks VA01 FROM MY TEST FILE which is first record

2nd Record it Takes Same VA01 AND THEN SAYS TCODE ALREADY ASSIGNED.

i NEED 2 CLEAR THIS.

while looking at the processing code.

I get this

ID WND[1]/USR/TBLSAPLPRGN_WIZARDCTRL_TCODE/CTXTS_TCODES-TCODE[0,0]

ID WND[1]/USR/TBLSAPLPRGN_WIZARDCTRL_TCODE/CTXTS_TCODES-TCODE[0,1]

Now wht do i do so that it picks other tcode from my test file and not the previous record.

i have used SAPGUI Recording

Regards,

Essam

0 Kudos

Hi,

before your recording starts , make a loop..endloop on your file data and then continue your script.

By the way, how do you upload your file to your script ? your answer might help in a better understanding of your issue.

Thanks

seema