Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynpro dropdown

martin_svik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

on a dynpro ("classic one", not web dynpro) i have several drop downs with values to select. When i select one line of the list i want to do some checks. but i have to push ENTER to get in PAI-modules.

is there any way to send kind of a "automatic enter" after selection of a value in dropdown list ? I don't want the user to push enter, the checks should be done immediately after selecting the value in drop down.

br Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vamsilakshman_pendurti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin ,

In your Screen Painter Double click on the Listbox Field, you will get one popup with Properties of that field will shown on your screen , there you can find one option like : FctCode

and you can give your own function code there for ex. 'SEL1' .

Now Go to Flow Logic Tab on your Screen....

There Double click on  Module User_Command of PAI .

Case 'SY-UCOMM' .

when 'SEL1' .

Here you can write your Selection Coding...what ever you want to perform after selecting List item.

Hope it would be solve your problem...

Thanks ,

Vamsi.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member223133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some exceptions for the drop down boxes on PAI.

Please read the below links from SAP Help for more information.

User Actions on Screens - Classic Dynpro Programming - SAP Library

Dropdown Boxes - Classic Dynpro Programming - SAP Library

BR

Gangadhar

0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

thanks for the links, there is one thing not clear, it says:

".........When the user chooses a value, the PAI event can be triggered simultaneously......"

So what does that mean the event CAN(!) be triggered ? It is not triggered. so how CAN it be triggered. thats not clear in the documentation

br Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Once you assign the function code 'OK_CODE' to the field name in the screen painter, the function code assigned during the drop down selection is 'SELECTED'.

In the POV event, write the logic for your checks for that field.

Hope it helps.

BR

Gangadhar

oliver_wurm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please execute the Screen painter (SE51) for the Dynpro you want to make the PAI get executed automatically. For those Drop Downs you want to make them execute the PAI (and PBO of course as well) add a function code in the field Details. Please note that the Ok-Code will be populated with these Function Codes during PAI processing.

Hope that helps!

Regards

Oliver

vamsilakshman_pendurti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin ,

In your Screen Painter Double click on the Listbox Field, you will get one popup with Properties of that field will shown on your screen , there you can find one option like : FctCode

and you can give your own function code there for ex. 'SEL1' .

Now Go to Flow Logic Tab on your Screen....

There Double click on  Module User_Command of PAI .

Case 'SY-UCOMM' .

when 'SEL1' .

Here you can write your Selection Coding...what ever you want to perform after selecting List item.

Hope it would be solve your problem...

Thanks ,

Vamsi.