Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic vertical scrolling in TableControl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can someone tell me how I can get the actual lines in a tablecontrol?

I need them to set them in the following example:

FORM v_scroll

USING tablecontrol  TYPE cxtab_control.

tablecontrol-v_scroll = 'X'.

tablecontrol-lines = 20. " Here is the problem, i need the actual count of the lines of the tablecontrol to set them dynamic. If i set the lines to 20

its just possible to view 20 entries. Is there a way to do that?

ENDFORM.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member197916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

just count the no of rows of internal table to be displayed using describe table and then pass tablecontrol-lines = lv_lines or incase u need 5 more lines then lv_lines + 5.

hope it helps

5 REPLIES 5

former_member197916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

just count the no of rows of internal table to be displayed using describe table and then pass tablecontrol-lines = lv_lines or incase u need 5 more lines then lv_lines + 5.

hope it helps

0 Kudos

Hi, i can't use the command describe tablecontrols LINES lines, because the tablecontrol is not an internal table anymore. Is there some other solution?

Regards

Pascal

jay_kumar8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created table control with wizard.

Its better you can go head and create it .The system automatically will take care of number of rows displayed.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi, yes i built it with the wizard. What is the right setting in the wizard?

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

hi,

if you have a table control with wizard then look for modules  TC_ATTR and get_lines of tc where you can change the lines.

hope it helps