Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Tray Selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When the print out is issued from the SMARTFORM, it should automatically determine the tray for the paper (based on a pre-defined logic):

The trays can be:

Tray 1

Tray 2

Manual Feed

I tried sending Dynamic Value in RESOURCE NAME field of Smartform Page. The Value i tried in TRY1, TRY2. But printer is not selecting according to the value passed at runtime in field RESOURCE NAME. Could someone please let me know about the exact name to be specified in RESOURCE NAME as the field is 20 characters long.

If GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS is to be used, please let me know where should i pass the internal table which i get from GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS FM.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Prashant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u try TRY01, TRY02..

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u try TRY01, TRY02..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai prashant,

Do you want to define the tray statically?.

Then you can mention the tray at the page level.

Select the page and select 'output options' tab.

There you can mention the tray name with the resource field.

if you want to select the tray dynamically then ,refer the OSS note 367128 and apply the OSS note which is applicable for release 4.6 C.

Implement the program correction. Afterwards, you can also enter a field (for example, ) in field 'Resource'. This field must be defined in a global manner (the type must be RSPORESNAM). You must set the value of this field before you call up the page. That is, you must either supply the value on the first page via the interface or you must set it during the initialization. If you call a page via an explicit page break, you must have set the value before the page break.

I hope this should resolve your issue.

You can even try using cal functions.

CALL FUNCTION 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS'

GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS

Regards,

Srikanth.

Please reward points If it is helpful

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using TRY01, TRY02, but paper from desired tray was not selected.

Is it that the paper format in all the trays should be different. If All the trays have A4 size paper, then printer would select it automatically ?

Also will please someone let me know what is the information under OSS Note 367128.

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi,

I also have same kind of requirement and Iam new to Smartforms.

can u explain more in detail

where to initialise,It will be helpful to me

Thanks and Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

May i know how you sent the resource name value dynamically to the smart form? Which interface structure/parameter can be used to hold the value. Please let me know. Thank you.