Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual ALV container or screen and subscreens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I have an assignment where we basically want to display the output of two standard SAP transactions on the same screen. A simple dashboard if you will. Both transactions are ALV; one is a standard ALV and one is Tree ALV. What I would like to do is display the 1st ALV (standard) on the screen and then when a selection is chosen, populate the tree ALV and put on the bottom half of the screen. I'm not quite sure how to create this. Should I use a screen and subscreen or create a two container ALV using objects? I created a sample dual (two container) ALV but the individual ALV's were not resizable even though I selected vertical and horizontal resizing when I created the containers. Any thoughts would be appreciated. A sample of flow logic would be appreciated also.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement u have to use Splitter Control .....

A splitter control is a screen element that divides the area which it covers into two subscreen areas, either horizontally beside each other or vertically one above the other. The division is made by a (sash). The horizontal or vertical position of the sash is specified statically in the definition of the splitter control. It can be set to PBO in the ABAP program and changed by the user whilst the screen is being displayed.

Sample code of splitter control

REPORT demo_dynpro_splitter_control.

DATA splitter TYPE REF TO cl_dynpro_splitter.

START-OF-SELECTION.

CREATE OBJECT splitter

EXPORTING

splitter_name = 'SPLITTER'.

CALL SCREEN 100.

MODULE set_status OUTPUT.

SET PF-STATUS 'SCREEN_100'.

ENDMODULE.

MODULE set_sash OUTPUT.

splitter->set_sash( ).

ENDMODULE.

MODULE cancel.

LEAVE PROGRAM.

ENDMODULE.

MODULE get_sash INPUT.

splitter->get_guisash( ).

ENDMODULE.

I hope this will help full to uuu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Splitter Control was the way to go and works well with ALV. Thanks for your help.