Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download the MINI-Master from HR with a BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to retrieve data from Info Types 001, 002 and 0050 from the <b>HR MINI-Master</b>. I also found a BAPI which could do this: <b>BAPI_CC1_DNLOAD_MINIMASTER</b>. When I looked at this BAPI I realised that this BAPI had only Import and Export Parameters defined and no implentation coding. Is it correct that this BAPI is empty? If so, is it a BADI which requires a user implementation. How do I have to make this user extension?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

I don't think you can call this BAPI directly.. you have to actually execute the report RPTCC101 to start the download of the MINIMASTER. PL see the Connection with External Time Recording System using HR-PDC section in the Customizing for Distribution (ALE).

Regards,

Suresh Datti

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if you want to download then you can use RFC_READ_TABLE.

and also try this FM.

HR_READ_INFOTYPE to read the info type.

and the data will be stored in internal table...

you can down load it.

regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer. I will also try the function module RFC_READ_TABLE and HR_READ_INFOTYPE. Of course this could solve the problem. However I wanted to use a standard interface and the BAPI BAPI_CC1_DNLOAD_MINIMASTER would be such a standard interface. Do you have an idear why this BAPI has no coding (implementation) and what the reason for this is? I assumed that this BAPI just defines the interface and leaves the implementation to the user. That is the technique of the BAdIs, but this BAPI is not a BAdI.

With kind regard Hans Koller

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

I don't think you can call this BAPI directly.. you have to actually execute the report RPTCC101 to start the download of the MINIMASTER. PL see the Connection with External Time Recording System using HR-PDC section in the Customizing for Distribution (ALE).

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer. I also have studied the program RPTCC101. This programm selects the personal data (Info Type 1, 2 and 50) and sends the data by ALE to the receiver. But why exists the BAPI BAPI_CC1_DNLOAD_MINIMASTER? what is its purpose? I wanted to use a BAPI, because BAPI are standard interfaces and stable across release changes. Do you have an idea why this BAPI has no coding (implementation) and what the reason for this is? I assumed that this BAPI just defines the interface and leaves the implementation to the user. That is the technique of the BAdIs, but this BAPI is not a BAdI.

With kind regard Hans Koller

0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

What is your actual requirement? Do you want to transfer the data to an external system or another SAP system.. the reason there is no code in this BAPI is because of its functionality. All it does is transfer the MINIMATSER Table contents. It is purely for ALE purpose.. and I do not think you can use this as a standalone function module.. again if you look inside the code of RPPTCC101, the routine that gets the infotype data just dumps from the database tables with the SELECT statements.. I do not think there are any BAPIs available for infotype downloads.. I do not see any harm in downloading directly from the database tables PA0001,PA0002 & PA0050 using the SELECT statements.

Pl take a look at RCVPTEMPMINIMASTERD to see how this BAPI is being invoked.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Message was edited by: Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Mr suresh Datti,

I would like to thank You very much for your help. The hint that I have to look at the Method RCVPTEMPMINIMASTERD has given me very valuable input. The BAPI exists only to define the interface.

With kind regards

Hans Koller