Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download report Data in Application server daily with new file name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have to create a new file daily in the application server as my report would be scheduled in background on a daily basis.

I have the path for the application server where my data of report needs to be downloaded daily.

Also when i try to access the application server manually it asks me for a username/password... wonder if this also needs to be taken care???

below is the snap of my code... after doing this, file is not getting created with data in the application server path provided.

data: gf_file like rlgrap-filename VALUE '
filepath..application server',

lv_fname(20) type c.

CONCATENATE sy-datum6(2) '.' sy-datum4(2) '.' sy-datum+0(4) '.TXT'

into lv_fname.

concatenate gf_file lv_fname into gf_file.

open DATASET gf_file for output in TEXT MODE ENCODING DEFAULT

MESSAGE mess.

loop at it_output. into wa_output.

lv_length = strlen( wa_output-text ).

transfer wa_output-text to gf_file LENGTH lv_length.

endloop.

close DATASET lf_file.

Thanks!!!

Edited by: Sachin Shetty on Apr 27, 2010 8:53 AM

Edited by: Sachin Shetty on Apr 27, 2010 9:07 AM

Edited by: Sachin Shetty on Apr 27, 2010 9:32 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether this program is executing by a person(means one user) or many ppl. if only one is using this prog, ask your BASIS team to give permission for the particular ID. No need to control from the program.

Thanks

Arun

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no problem in the code that you have written for file generation. what you need to analyse is how the application server's User name and password works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether this program is executing by a person(means one user) or many ppl. if only one is using this prog, ask your BASIS team to give permission for the particular ID. No need to control from the program.

Thanks

Arun