Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display error message in the status bar during PBO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to issue an error message on a program's selection-screen.

The thing is when I issue an error message inside PBO, all the text in the selection-screen are gone and replaced with lines.

So i displayed the error message in the status bar.

MESSAGE S074(Z4) DISPLAY LIKE 'E'.

But the problem with this is that it will allow to continue data processing.

What shall I do in order for my error message to behave as an error message and not as a status message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Display message PAi not PBO second your way of displaying message is correct just write EXIT/call screen ' ' or somthing like that so program do not process further.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't you display the error message during AT SELECTION SCREEN as usual?

0 Kudos

because i'm just enhancing the program. and the screen is implemented via dialog programming.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Display message PAi not PBO second your way of displaying message is correct just write EXIT/call screen ' ' or somthing like that so program do not process further.

0 Kudos

if i put it in PAI, the fields will become non-editable.

i placed it in PBO because i want the user to have a chance to change the data they input on screen.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Write your message in PAI same as you have done MESSAGE S074(Z4) DISPLAY LIKE 'E'.

after this use call screen 'your screen no'.

it will not lock the field.

0 Kudos

yes, it will not lock the field but it will refresh the screen and deletes the data i entered in the screen.

i want the screen to retain the data so that the user will only edit the field with the wrong entry.

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag_n,

My bad that I didn't get your point right away.

Thanks.

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the program DEMO_MESSAGES and check the behaviour of message types in the events.

0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Thanks for suggesting that. I'd able to see the different behavior of each message types.