Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display additional Text in ALV Grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an ALV Grid display and need to display additional information on the top of the list. I have used the grid-title, but the field is defined as 70 characters and thats not enough.

Is it possible to display more text with alv grid?

Regards Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

If you are using REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY, you can use REUSE_ALV_COMMENTARY_WRITE function, to write whatever you want at the top of the report.

If you are using ALV Controls, then you need to split the container and do exactly the REUSE_ALV_COMMENTARY_WRITE function does in the top container.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

If you are using REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY, you can use REUSE_ALV_COMMENTARY_WRITE function, to write whatever you want at the top of the report.

If you are using ALV Controls, then you need to split the container and do exactly the REUSE_ALV_COMMENTARY_WRITE function does in the top container.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I´m creating my alv object orientated and I don´t know, how to manage that now. Can You explain me, where and how I have to do it?

My Dynpro has one custom container and I´m calling the method SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY in PBO.

And I need the comment to be printed with the ALV by pressing the print button in the toolbar of the ALV

Thank You!

Message was edited by: Michael Schmidt

0 Kudos

Michael,

If these weblogs can help.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/01/alv-reporting-using-controls--part-i

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/01/alv-reporting-using-controls-control-layouts--part-ii

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

when you are using this method, even for the layout structure lvc_s_layo the list header length is 70.

what i suggest you is to use a splitter control(probably a html control)on top of alv cust. control , where in you can put the header information for the ALV.

regards,

Kinshuk

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

1) declare event after fm set_table..

SET HANDLER event_receiver->handle_top_of_list FOR grid.

2) define and implement a method to your event

in a local class

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at this sample program -

DD_SIMPLE_ALV_TOP

BCALV_TEST_GRID_EVENTS

These should give you an idea,

regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

You can use TOP_OF_PAGE event and display some text there. though this you can add icons ,text etc.you can add text till 255 characters or table of text also.

I think this will solve your requirement.

Regards

Anil Kumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

My requirement is not to display icon in top of page..

but while displaying records in one column i have to display icons with some text as success or failur. not in top of page or end of page..

Thnks & regards,

Srini