Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog Programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

I was to work on with dialog program, when I switched on to SE81, i couldnt find the Program list box, where the program name wud be displayed, so that the futher proceedigns of screenno, pba,pbo module can be created.

Do any one hav an idea how to do with it?

I could send the screen shot for more understanding if u need.

Please let me know ur mail id.

Thanks In Advance

Regards

rinky123

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SE80 not SE81.

SE51 for screens and SE41 for Menus.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SE80 not SE81.

SE51 for screens and SE41 for Menus.

0 Kudos

hey sorry,

it was a typo error, i used se80 only,,, I dint know form where to start up...

Usually when creating a dialoge program the ssystem wil create a program startign with SAPZM...... that display is missing in the left corner..

I am now confused for further proceedins inmy program.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rinky123

0 Kudos

You are talking about dialog modules then, not dialog program. Use SE35 for that.

0 Kudos

After creating the program with the top include , you will find all the other includes on double clicking the Top include.Un comment the includes and activate them. You can display all the includes related to module pool by entering the program name and clicking on the display object list.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

The only time SAP assigns a program name is when you create function group. If you create a function group say ZTMP, then the program for that will be SAPLZTMP.

For dialog programs, all you need is a program in the customer name space like ZTEMP and then start creating the screens and menus and write the logic.

Dialog modules typically are developed if you see a value of reusability in other programs. If it is just for one program/transaction, then you don't need to work on dialog modules.

What is your requirement?

Srinivas

0 Kudos

You can simply use SE38 also.

0 Kudos

hi ,

my question is that i dont get the disaply object list in the left corner of se80 transaction.

You will always have two drop dwon list below the Transport organizer tab. That is missign in my screen for easy acces of my porgram, ontover tthat i dotn get display object list of my program.

I wanted to know how to get these done.how to make those two dropdown list, where u would choose prgram and click your program in the second list box to be visible..

right now those two list box are inivisble.

This is wat iam askign for.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rinky123

0 Kudos

After you have created the new program goto the other object , on the screen enter the program name in the program name field in the dialog window and press the Display object list button next to the Where used list button. You will find all the includes for your include.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use transaction SE80 for creating new module pool program.

0 Kudos

Use SE80 for creating the module pool programs or for screens and menu path use se51 and se41 .

Vijay .

0 Kudos

Do a search in SE38 for 'DEMODYNPRO*'. You will see lot of examples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if any varient assigned to the screen. It may well be executing with an varient which is configured to not to present those drop down lists. If so execute without varient.

Regards

Kesi