Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog module

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

in dialog modules when i am saving the data that data wants to be save in db table.but in my case it is saved succesfully in program and in db also it shows 2 enteries but the entry doesnt display.

help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manjula,

I am not getting like what exactly is your problem. If you have created a ztable you are trying to update it with the data entered in the screen you need to increment(change) the primary key of your table and select the maximum value of that into any variable and pass it on again to your key e.g.

PAI

Select max( count ) into count from ztable.

count = count + 1 .

and assign this count to your itab-key.

i suppose this will help you.

If not please reply to this thread, i,m watching.

Regards

Tharanatha

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manjula,

I am not getting like what exactly is your problem. If you have created a ztable you are trying to update it with the data entered in the screen you need to increment(change) the primary key of your table and select the maximum value of that into any variable and pass it on again to your key e.g.

PAI

Select max( count ) into count from ztable.

count = count + 1 .

and assign this count to your itab-key.

i suppose this will help you.

If not please reply to this thread, i,m watching.

Regards

Tharanatha

0 Kudos

hi tharantha,

when i am entering 5 in dialog module program.that 5 i want to see in se11.

for ex.in db there are only 2 fields.now i am entering data in dialog module that data wants to update in db table.

0 Kudos

well in case if u just need to save the data in ur db table then u should use update statement for updating database table . a f1 on update will give u more details .

Thanks

ROhit

Reward if helpfull. .

0 Kudos

Hi Manjula,

of course it should get updated. I am not getting what is the problem. Can you please send me the coding you have done to update the db to my mail ID taranath.h@gmail.com or here only(global assistance).

Regards

Tharanatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

follow this steps :

START-OF-SELECTION.

CALL SCREEN 100.

module PBO output.

PERFORM fill_data.

" fill data from database table to internal table

( internal table which is used by control table)

module PAI input.

CASE ok_code.

WHEN 'P_SAVE'.

CLEAR ok_code.

PERFORM commit_data.

" commit data from internal table to database table

LEAVE PROGRAM.

WHEN 'P_CANCEL'.

CLEAR ok_code.

LEAVE PROGRAM.

ENDCASE.

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ur problem is that there might be no link between ur fields and database table. so it might be not updated in database.

try like this,

in screen -> goto -> give database table name -> select required fields for that database table -> drag and drop onto screen -> select one button -> give F.code [disp] -> activate

by this step ur creating aworkarea for ur database table and wat ever u give here in those fields can be updated by doing little bit of coding in flow logic.

in flow logic

tables:mara.

in pai module.

case sy-ucomm.

when 'disp'.

update mara.

when 'back'.

leave to screen 0.

endcase.

if helpful reward some points.

with regards,

Suresh Aluri.