Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delimiter for .xls file in lsmw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am developing an lsmw..and the flat file is in the form of .xls file..so when sepcifying hte file it asks for the delimiter.what should i give for delimiter if my flat file is a .xls file?

i would reward points for the helpful answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I told you before...you are not allowed to use the .xls file in the lsmw.... save that file as .txt and with the delimiter... then use that file with the above option

That will work fine for you...

you will get the file in .xls format only but u have to convert it into .txt

~~Guduri

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I told you before...you are not allowed to use the .xls file in the lsmw.... save that file as .txt and with the delimiter... then use that file with the above option

That will work fine for you...

you will get the file in .xls format only but u have to convert it into .txt

~~Guduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sudha........

Open your flat file in excel and then click 'save as' . in the dialog box that appears, you have to select the file type as 'text(tab delimited)' and then save it. it will be stored as a '.txt' file. Then in lsmw, when you specify the file, specify it as 'tabulator' .

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you see your XLS file in notepad/wordpad, you can see there is nothing like u have written in ur XLS sheet. U will see file with special characters.

So I think that's the reason you can not use FM : GUI_UPLOAD for uploading file from PC to SAP.

You have to use FM : TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP.

In LSMW, this FM is not used.

So you have to save contents of ur XLS sheet to a text file then you 'll be able to do ur normal operation.

Regards

Prax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant upload the XLS file as such so convert the file and save it as the Text file with the tab delimiter and in the LSMW while you specify the file mention it as a Tab delimiter.

Thanks,

Yogesh