Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Values in an ABAP selection criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I've created a info set(SQ02) and a query(SQ01) to generate a report on purchase orders.

I want to default the purchase order type to NB in the selection screen(In order to retrieve the purchase orders with type NB only)

Can someone pls guide me to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Randi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your purpose can be solved by using a transaction variant shd0

Open transaction : SHD0

enter your tcode of the query and fill the details and create a variant and make the field obligatory by marking the Mandatory in the given fields.

Note: after creating a transaction variant you need to activate that variant in shd0 compulsory in every server if u transport it.

Regards,

koolspy.

4 REPLIES 4

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your purpose can be solved by using a transaction variant shd0

Open transaction : SHD0

enter your tcode of the query and fill the details and create a variant and make the field obligatory by marking the Mandatory in the given fields.

Note: after creating a transaction variant you need to activate that variant in shd0 compulsory in every server if u transport it.

Regards,

koolspy.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In SQ01 you can add variants for your query and use it like normal abap report.

If you are creating transaction code for your query,then you can create variants also

in tcode se93.

regards

Edited by: Ikshula on Oct 4, 2011 10:33 AM

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your purpose solved or not?

Because if you use that SHD0 you can make that field mandatory.

Let me know if you get any doubts.

Regards,

koolspy.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying and for your valuable input.

But my requirement is a bit different i guess.

I'm building a SAP query using transaction SQ01. The info set was developed using SQ02.

My requirement is to filter the output without the use of a variant(probably making a change in the infoset).

eg: I'm building a query to retrieve purchase order details with PO type NB

How can i change my infoset or query to only retrieve purchase orders with type NB only?

Regards,

Randi