Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging ABAP aplication in Eclipse

Deepti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one query whenever I try to set a break point in my program it says

" ABAP debugger for Eclipse is not available in ABAP system.

Use SAP GUI for debugging '

Please suggest what configuration do I need to do in my ABAP system, so that I am able to see the ABAP Debugger in Eclipse.

Toggle break point button is also not highlighted, but add statement breakpoint button is highlighted but still I am unable to set the breakpoint.

As it shows the above mentioned error.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepti

5 REPLIES 5

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You probably need  a newer Netweaver SP check this link

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/eclipse/blog/2013/06/05/adt-feature-availability-matrix-for-as-aba...

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

you need at least SAP Kernel 7.21 or newer to use the 'native debugger'. You can check this via the SAP GUI menu: System > Status > Kernel information.

Best regards,

Christopher

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am unable to access the debug feature in Eclipse.

My system is on NW 7.31 SP 5 and kernel is 720 .

But still debug functionality is disabled.

Please suggest what could be the problem.

Regards,

Deepti

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

as Christopher said you need a new kernel version 7.21 because the new eclipse debugger runs on an infrastructure which is not part of 7.20 kernel. This new kernel 7.21 is compatible with 7.20, so an upgrade should be no problem for you. Can you try this out.

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thank you for sharing the information here. I was so lucky, that more and more of my customers are upgrading to ECC EHP6 with NW 7.31. BUT nobody is aware of the Kernelversion!

So I am definitely stuck with two editors now. One for editing and one for debugging. What a pity...

The more it is important for me to have the documentation in sync. See my commend here: http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2013/07/21/abap-news-for-release-740--abap-doc-for-adt

Regards,

Peter