Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBTABLOG table changes functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

when I change my Z* table via SM30, DBTABLOG contains information that Z* table was changed.

But when someone runs a program where command "Update Z* table..." is used, DBTABLOG has no record about it.

Is there any reason for it? How can I trace changes done with ABAP code insert/update...?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you need to call the Function Module which is generated by Change pointers "RSSCD000". This needs to be called while updating the Z table in the program.

Regards,

SRinivas

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you need to call the Function Module which is generated by Change pointers "RSSCD000". This needs to be called while updating the Z table in the program.

Regards,

SRinivas

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for answer. But I don't understand it because I have no change pointers for my table.

The only setting I have is "Log data changes" in SE11 and rec/client parameter is set up in system.

Generally DBTABLOG is working correctly. Only ABAP commands are not traced.

Please could you explain in detail your idea?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos

Hi,

you are right, it is possible to use the change object with calling of the generated FM. Issue is solved, thanks.

Petr