Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not downloaded properly into the excel

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using ALV grid display to display the output. When I download the data to the excel using the "export" button, sometimes I get the complete data downloaded to the excel and sometimes it is not getting downloaded. They arent many rows also. total 40 rows. Let me know the procedure for solving this issue.

Regards,

Kalyan

6 REPLIES 6

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See Note 1517329 - ALV Spreadsheet Export: Format Overview

Regards.

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using office 2007. If it is not compatible then the data shouldnt come at all. But it is getting download to the excel sometimes and sometimes it is not.

Regards,

Kalyan

0 Kudos

Hi

A possible answer, Try to reinstall SAPgui and/or MS Office. Does it happens in all PC's? Sometimes with reinstall SAPgui this kind of errors disappears. Think that it's possible that you have services in the OS of your workstation shutdown. If you reboot it sometime it run.

Regards

Eduardo

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Jul 7, 2011 9:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kalyans ,

I had the same probelm in the past. After re-installing the SAP GUI problem got fixed.

Try to re-install the SAP GUI that you are using. Do first un-install , then restart your system and then re-install the GUI as a new GUI.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Greetson

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I will try to un-install and re-install the SAP GUI and let u know the result in 1 day.

Regards,

Kalyan

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved. Actually the problem is that when we try to download the data into the excel in english login the data is coming properly whereas in DE login the data is not downloaded.The problem is with the translation of the heading of one of the columns.The column heading started with double quotes. We have removed the quotes and tried it. The data downloaded properly.

Thanks for all the responses.

Regards

Kalyans.