Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data encryption in SAP tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wants to upload condidential employees data into Z table (do not want HR). These tables will contains some informations that I want to encrypt (salary, ssn, etc...). Is there an easy way to encrypt/decrypt this kind of data. I found the BASE64 methods but is it safe to use that ?

I also found the SSF functions but they look not easy to use. I just want to encrypt some fields of a database records before inserting this record and decrypt it in some applications.

Regards,

Steph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BASE64 methods don't truely encrypt the data. They just change the encoding to base 64. At the very least, the data will be obfuscated to some degree. If you go this route, the Z table fields might need to be characters to prevent errors.

I hope this helps.

-Erik

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BASE64 methods don't truely encrypt the data. They just change the encoding to base 64. At the very least, the data will be obfuscated to some degree. If you go this route, the Z table fields might need to be characters to prevent errors.

I hope this helps.

-Erik