Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross reference table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

how to crate the cross reference table with the given legacy values and assigned sap system values...

please can anyone give me some step by step process to this

Thanks a lot for your anticipation

SRI

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did the same thing about twelve years ago. Creating the table is not that difficult, but the first step is to decide just what you need it to do. In our case, we mapped account numbers from the old legacy system to SAP Cost Centers and GLs (and in some cases customerfs and vendors).

Then the functional team has to map each legacy account to it's new SAP equivalent.

Rob

0 Kudos

Ya Rob,

It is almost same requirement like the legacy entry type should be mapped to sap document type.... they gave all the values and while uploading the data i have to use that cross reference table and pick the corresponding values....

so can u tell me how to create this cross reference table......

thanks a lot for your reply rob...

SRI

0 Kudos

In SE11, create a transparent table and use the legacy system account number as the key. Put every SAP field that an account might be mapped to as the other fields in the table.

This is the easy part. The hard part is the mapping.

Rob

0 Kudos

can u tell me that mapping part also Rob if possible....I think this is not the way to ask but i am not aware of this thing Rob.... can give me some guidance

sorry to trouble u like this...

SRI

0 Kudos

It's not your problem (or it shouldn't be anyway). The people who decided that the reference table is needed will have to assign functional people to do this.

Rob

0 Kudos

Ya.... may be Rob but they asked me to do that too... thats what i am wondering....

Rob do u have any sample program to upload this AR line item data... i know the standard program RFBIBL00 might useful some extent but how do the extra coding in that......?

can send me the sample code if u have any for the same

SRI

0 Kudos

If they give you a spreadsheet, you can upload it an update the table. But the users have to do the actual mapping; how is an abaper supposed to know which legacy account maps to which new SAP accounts?

Rob