Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Multiple Entries using Table Maintenance Generator

former_member267445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have requirement to create custom table and TMG for the table. In the table there is a key field that should populate automatically, I have written a logic in event 05 as this is new entry and it is working fine. And the logic is, get the entries based on key fields which entered by user and get the highest value record. If record exists then add the 1 to highest value of key field and populate, if record didnt exist then pass 1 to the key field.

My logic is working if user enters only one entry. While testing I came to know that user may enter more than one new entries and click on enter in this situation my logic is failing.

I have searched that, We need to modify TOTAL and EXTRACT internal tables but am not able to modify. Please suggest me how to do.

Thanks and Regards,

Muralikrishna Peravali.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yang_aiolos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

your requirement is : you want to get all entries in table control, and modify some field, is it?

i think you can using table event to achieve this, i will give you 1 example.

1. i have already input 2 entries in table control, when i input the 3rd one.

2 .in debug ,you can see the first 2 entries are already there, and third entry is in strcuture

<table1>, you can do any change you want. then it will impact table total and extract,

hope this will help you, if you still can't achieve your requirement, suggest you to change code in maintanance view screen PAI.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member235395
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Check this thread, i hope get your solution:

Regards,

yang_aiolos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

your requirement is : you want to get all entries in table control, and modify some field, is it?

i think you can using table event to achieve this, i will give you 1 example.

1. i have already input 2 entries in table control, when i input the 3rd one.

2 .in debug ,you can see the first 2 entries are already there, and third entry is in strcuture

<table1>, you can do any change you want. then it will impact table total and extract,

hope this will help you, if you still can't achieve your requirement, suggest you to change code in maintanance view screen PAI.

former_member267445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have resolved it using field symbol. As 05 event will trigger multiple times if user enters multiple entries so the values will be stored in <TABLE1>. So, I have modified <TABLE1>.

Thanks and Regards,

Muralikrishna Peravali.