Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Scripts from Production to Development server...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a script by name YRSCRIPT_INV in production server.I have a script in Development server with the same name, But i want the script in the production to be copied to the client with someother name.Is it possible to do that?

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardharaj,

You have a script with the same name in both production and development .Do you want to copy from prd to dev or dev to prd ? What ever it is , just copy it with a newname and assign the transport request name to the new form and then you can transport it .

Regards,

Varun.

0 Kudos

RSTXSCRP cannot be used to copy a prg with same name, i need the script in the development server also & i want to know how to copy it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi varadharajan,

checkthe program <b>RSTXSCRP</b>

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Download sapscript in PRD and upload in DEV with report RSTXSCRP.

Regards

0 Kudos

I can download the script with the same name or different name...if i upload the file with same name then it will overwrite the original one...if i upload the file with different name then it gives some error & i am not able to upload the same...

0 Kudos

Download YRSCRIPT_INV from prd server using RSTXSCRP, open the file in notepad find&replace YRSCRIPT_INV with another name of same length and upload in dev with the new name.

If there are errors again, change the sysid and client in the file to dev system an client.

Regards

Sridhar

0 Kudos

You can too copy original to ZAUX_FORM, upload from PRD, copy 2nd to ZPRDFORM, and back ZAUX_FORM to original name.

Regards.