Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying of function group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please help me in this issue.

when i copy function group , i am ablw to copy the function modules but i am not able to copy the Inlcudes in the function group

can anyone please explain how can i copy the includes also

Thnaks in Advance

K reddy

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When You copy the fun group from SE80

all the includes of the Main program are copied to New group.

check again and see

regards

Anji

0 Kudos

hi sorry they were not copied

when we copy function group after wards it is asking for copy of functional modules only but inlcudes were not copied.

regards

kreddy

0 Kudos

Hi,

They will be done automatically. Dont worry about copying the Includes separately.

Regards

Aneesh.

0 Kudos

Hi k reddy,

it may depend on the release you use. I remember it was not that easy in the past as already described.

Note that copying functions as well as includes you always need new names for copied objects.

Now, if it is not too much work: Go to main program, see the INLUDE statements for the 'old' function groups includes. Change to new names and copy the includes manually to new name.

Next time it may work.

Or delete new function gropu and start all over again.

Note: If any inluce includes other include statements: Those inludes you must copy and rename manually (if changes are required).

Regards,

Clemens

former_member187255
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reddy,

Go to SE80 and select your Function Group and Right Click on the Function Group and Select Copy it will ask you to copy Includes also....

Chandra.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is normal, some of the include are in fact function modules and can not bear the same module function names.

Copy function group by copying main program (SE38), there you should get a popup window with the list of function modules, rename those and copy. Here your function group is copied and new function modules have been created.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE80. Select function group which u want to copy. Right click on the fucntion group and say copy. It will ask for the new function group. Copy all the includes and show you in popup. In this popup u will c 6 buttons, out of which the 4 th is replace. Press REPLACE button. It will throw a popup. Select Prefix radio button and enter Z in here and press enter. This will add Z before all the includes.

Hope this helps.

Check FM RS_FUNCTION_POOL_COPY

Regards

vasu